Blog Comments

Oh my! What an adventure for you and Sally! And no doubt Pudding had a great time from all the attention she got! lol
    Thank god my dog never did that. My first dog however would sometimes eat her poop. Dog breath with a hint of poop, YUCK!!!!
    Wow, I didn't know any of this either! I dig the colored paper ^_^
    I found this very informative. I did not know dogs suffer from sunburn, nor would it have occurred to me to put sunscreen on a dog.

As for some other ideas for topics, it looks like the board is of decent size, so maybe section off a portion for people to post notices, like for selling items, or looking for a particular item to buy, etc. Maybe that will get the owners interacting more, and might increase their interest to browse the board.

Also, maybe a post on the pet tip of the week? Could be anything from the benefits of socializing with one's dog, to the dangers of feeding dogs some common human foods.

Posting notices about local dog shows, free or low-cost vaccination specials around town, or spay/neuter info.

Also, what about people who need doggie day-care, or doggie sitters for vacations? Might be a good way to hook some people up.

We used to have an event at one of our city's public pools where dog owners were allowed to let their dogs swim in our pool. The only reason being that we have to drain the pools a few times a year for maintenance and whatnot, so it was ok to let them swim and frolic about with their owners since the pool would be drained and cleaned the next day.

I don't know if your city/county would entertain such an idea, but it was big here. If you want more detailed info, I will get it for you.
    I think you handled it well, and they need to give you hazard pay - not for the 4-legged animals, but the 2-legged ones!

What a jerk that guy was! I would have tried to handle it the same as you, but I would have wanted to throw a right hook to his jaw to shut that rude mouth.
    I love to hear any news concerning our four-legged companions, dogs and cats. I have my own two adopted large black dogs and a cat. I did not know that dogs could sunburn, but common sense makes me tell Sadie to come in when she stays too long in the sun.
    I take care of cats and dogs to earn a living. I find it rewarding work. Any information you share is good for me. Thank you.
    I did not know dogs could sunburn.
    I'd probably have muzzled him (Rob of course) and insisted Freddie's owner retrain his mutt before returning.
    I'm amazed for two reasons :

1) you have to pay to allow your dog to walk outdoors - and that people actually do pay for the privilege (I can't see this ever taking off in the UK - freedom to roam comes before profit thank goodness)

and 2) dogs in America can actually read!!!
    What a jerk!
    I think you did the right thing exactly. Kudos for standing up for yourself and the poor dog
    I think you handled a tough situation with firmness, grace, and dignity for all concerned.

Well done, kittypaws (hehe, your moniker's a little ironic, given the subbject ).
    I think because the spikes last longer than the dog? They're like an investment. Parting with money for a service is something people always try to avoid.

Sounds like a good job though Kitty
    I don't think there's a charge where I live to use the dog park but $5 doesn't sound unreasonable.
    1neomn14.....may sound great but it all depends on the day...keep watching.

prendrelemick....It is amazing how they know, isn't it!
    Great blog, kitty paws. There's nothing better than watching your dog go unleashed for a romp. And the bit about the road is so true, how do they know?
    I wish we had one of these in my city. Sounds great!
    pussnboots and Paulclem you are so right...every day is different. I love animals, especially dogs and being in this environment is expanding my sites. That is what I will be sharing....thanks for visiting and come back soon.

More in a few....

kittypaws
    I don't think we have dog parks in the UK - or I've not been aware of one. We sometimes have dog beaches where owners can take their pooches when on holiday. We certainly don't have park attendants anymore. They were cut in the 1980's austerity measures.

It sounds as if every day could be different - which is a bonus in work.
    I have yet to take my dog to a dog park but I would like to. Sounds like an interesting job.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456