Blog Comments

Bluebiird your suggestions are good and we have put up signs but I find most of the time people don't read them. I have added to my list of requirements and rules to new comers to make sure all valuables are out of sight and the car locked. I have the park patrons spreading the word as well. We, the park patrons are our own defense. If we all keep an eye out and not forget that two weeks ago there was a break-in and remember to be on the lookout for suspicious activities then we will win.

thank you for reading and commenting.
    BTW ~ It sounds like it is time to clean your wallet out!
    I cannot stand people who ruin other people's lives. Perhaps a large German Shepherd or Mastiff would get a hold of the thieves right there at the park. We could only wish. I wouldn't give any leniency to any punk that's caught doing this. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
    It's really a shame that people have to experience this kind of thing at a dog park or at any park for that matter. You are never safe and should lock your doors.
    This is why I like that my wallet is always chained to my belt. Although, if anyone did steal it all they'd get is an oyster card, a debit card I'd cancel as soon as possible, a little cash, a year old receipt for some cheques I cashed last year, a receipt from my opticians from last year, a receipt from my last oyster card top up 2 months ago, a Naruto trading card in Japanese that came with the wallet and a fortune cookie fortune saying "everything happens for a reason".
    A nice antitheft device would be a wallet or purse that electrocutes thieves. Or one of those exploding dye things they use in bank robberies. But I guess all you can do is put up signs warning people and hope they take notice.
    “I don't want my life to be defined by what is etched on a tombstone. I want it to be defined in what is etched in the lives and hearts of those I've touched.”
    ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Perchance my bottles along with their notes will bring inspiration and a new beginning. Hopefully they will not be looked on as ashes but new life.

It all will depend what is written on the note.

I will work on that but in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions.....please feel free to share.

"from dust you are and to dust you shall return."

kittypaws
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Muse
    It is an interesting concept, and I like the theoretical idea of it, but the piratical environmentalist in me cannot help but be concerned about the prospects of polluting the ocean by throwing either glass or plastic bottles into it.
    Dark Muse ~ thank you for your comment. I would hope my four little bottles (of whatever they are made of) would not be enuf to pollute the entire ocean. I do understand your concern about polluting the seas and land thou and stand with you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung
    What a captivating idea! I think you should use glass-plastic is so prosaic! Up to you, however.

Have fun with the note. However charming an idea I find it, I'm not sure I would be too happy to open such a bottle, even if it was you, kittypaws.
    hahahaha qimi! But what if the bottle contained magic from my spirit! I'm a pretty bright and sparkling bit of Cosmos.
    Quote Originally Posted by cafolini
    You must come from a very primitive concept of glass and plastic, quimissung. There are today tens of materials that you ignore because they don't fit your scope.
    thanks for your reply cafolini....but no need to be rude to quim. What would you suggest the bottle be made of? As far as it breaking in the open seas I don't know what it could hit to break. But on the other hand if a whale swallowed one of my bottles I would not want it to injure the whale but be strong enuf to withstand the whale's digestion system (which I know nothing about).
    What do you suggest?
    It is an interesting concept, and I like the theoretical idea of it, but the piratical environmentalist in me cannot help but be concerned about the prospects of polluting the ocean by throwing either glass or plastic bottles into it.
    You must come from a very primitive concept of glass and plastic, quimissung. There are today tens of materials that you ignore because they don't fit your scope.
    What a captivating idea! I think you should use glass-plastic is so prosaic! Up to you, however.

Have fun with the note. However charming an idea I find it, I'm not sure I would be too happy to open such a bottle, even if it was you, kittypaws.
    Just don't use glass. It could break and you wouldn't find but fish.
    He's asking for change so he'll be able to buy more booze. I would never give to a panhanlder who was obviously drunk.
    They weren't asking for a lot of money, but they do sound dubious.

I don't seem to get more around the holidays, but that could be me. There's this guy I see almost every time I get a coffee early in the morning on my way to work. He's drunk as a skunk and he hangs out looking for some change to get a cup or maybe a bagel. I give him some change or a dollar on occasion, but really if he's got enough money to get drunk, why is he asking for money? He's obviously been out all night and he's dressed pretty ragged. And then he picks out cigarette butts out of the garbage and smokes what remains. What do you do with people like that?
    The car park guy was actually a few years ago.
    I find that if you're suspicious of everyone then you're never disappointed, though you might be pleasantly surprised now and then.
    Although, this can make me an unpleasant person to be around, so it has its drawbacks. I quite like it when the rest of the world doesn't share my scepticism, it keeps things balanced .
    We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Anyone who goes through that much trouble to get a few dollars like that for a few bucks probably does really need the money. They probably would do as well, if they just gave a straight story, but that's not the way it's done.
    I appreciate you super long comment as that is what this blog is all about....what have you experienced and was I taken?

The guy you speak of who came to your home....and the second one who for two years running has returned....I think they are desperate. they are just looking for a way to survive

I too was highly suspicious of Cynthia but then again.....at least for me, my conscience sets in.

I will replace t he $10.55 I took from the Animal Advocates contributions.....

It left me with a feeling that yes....I may have been 'had' but at least she put some energy into her delivery..and the little bit of money I gave her will not get her far...I wish for her the best and a Merry Christmas.

All is well that ends welll....hope Cynthia is safe.
    Life is good when you look at it from the up side.

Bluebird.....Merry Christmas!!!
    Suspicious. Highly suspicious. Then again I'm suspicious of everyone. I find it hard to believe that there was absolutely nobody else she could call for help. Were there any other people around? Because I wonder why she came to you. Could it be that she singled you out or was it just that you were the only one around?
    Is it so impossible that the cab driver could have taken her the rest of the way if she could give assurances that there was more money at home?
    Also, she boarded the bus and found the route was discontinued. Assuming she found this out at the start then couldn't she have gotten just gone back into the hospital and asked for help? Maybe I don't fully understand the situation but it seems that there were other routes that could have been explored before asking a stranger for money.

We had a guy come to our house once. A very well mannered man with a calm and quiet voice. He said his son had been ill and they'd gone to hospital and got a cab home but he didn't have enough money to pay the driver. None on him or in his house. He claimed he lived at the other end of the street in a house that we're not entirely sure exists (we don't really know the people over there). He asked if we could spare some change so he could pay the driver and offered to leave something with us as an assurance that he was telling the truth and would pay us back. We're not used to answering the door for people so we were caught off guard right away. Mum gave him a little money but as soon as she shut the door she wondered if it was the right thing to do.

I'll tell you one thing. That man never came back. Also. It's highly suspicious that he came all the way down to the other end of the street begging for money.

I didn't think of it at the time but we should've asked for one of his shoes, or maybe his trousers. If he only lives down the street then it wouldn't be a problem for him and if he was lying then surely he wouldn't take the risk. If we get such a case like that again then I might do that.

Also, for two years running the same man (not the one from the house. A different man) approached mum in a car park one day and told her a sob story and asked for change. It was the exact same one too. She didn't have any money on her either time so it was a waste of his time. But when he didn't get anything out of her he rushed off to approach someone else.

But like I said. Highly suspicious.

Sorry for the super long comment.
    Bluebird....you answers is not odd...
    soo many things happen that we can not explain...that is the awe of the living!!

thank you very much for your comment!!
    Isn't it supposed to be bad things in general that come in threes? Either way that's really sad and a little spooky. I've encountered the deaths in threes twice. My cat died, then a week or so later my friend Tom's cat died and sometime later I found out that a neighbour's cat had died around the same time, she and my cat used to be friendly in the early days. Also for the three consecutive years I was at Uni I lost one relative each year, two blood related and one in-law. It was pretty spooky. This is why I maintain that it's a good thing I didn't stay on for a masters degree. Then again death is a natural process and it's natural for people to want to see patterns in the randomness of it all.
    I hope it's not too depressing for you and everyone at the dog park, it sounds like such a nice place...Sorry if this is an odd response. I always seem to give odd responses to things like this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast