Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    HTML Code:
    It's saying the way to your heart is to bring you flowers.  :p
    Five and a half hours in that cold is a long time. I wonder if that cold is coming my way. What part of the country do you live in?

If the woman is keeping flowers over food, more than likely she is not in financial need. She seemed more scatter brain than anything else, not realizing how much money she had on her. And yeah, I'm sure that guy felt like crap.

Hahahaha..You know Virgil, You might be right about the flowers and my heart.

I'm sure if the cold was coming your way it would be there by now but here on the west coast we are headed into another Polar Voltex so brace yourself!

You are very perceptive as the lady ended up saying she had changed her pocektbook and forget to check it for cash!

Do you also read tarrot cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung
    That story is indeed full of serendipity, kittypaws! My heart aches for that young man, and I, too, wonder what message the universe is trying g to send you.

Have a flowerfull day!

Qimi....thanks for reading and commenting!

May 2014 be rich in the blossoms of life for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I guess it's refreshing to participate in life, even if just observing and thinking small thoughts to ourselves. I may have bought the flowers too. Fun little story! Thanks for the read!

Thank you Buh4Bee for reading!
    That's great about everything except being bored. Well, we all get bored from time to time. Perhaps that's what television was invented for. Though I have to say i hate 95% of what's on TV. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
    I can’t help but wonder what the Cosmos it trying to tell me.
    It's saying the way to your heart is to bring you flowers.

Five and a half hours in that cold is a long time. I wonder if that cold is coming my way. What part of the country do you live in?

If the woman is keeping flowers over food, more than likely she is not in financial need. She seemed more scatter brain than anything else, not realizing how much money she had on her. And yeah, I'm sure that guy felt like crap.
    That story is indeed full of serendipity, kittypaws! My heart aches for that young man, and I, too, wonder what message the universe is trying g to send you.

Have a flowerfull day!
    I guess it's refreshing to participate in life, even if just observing and thinking small thoughts to ourselves. I may have bought the flowers too. Fun little story! Thanks for the read!
    Rest easy Virgil my drug and dangerous days are long gone!

I work two jobs, one full time and one part time so I know about keeping busy.
    I shoot photos for a fb page I manage if you are interested....Maryland dog park community.
    that breaks my boredom to a degree but even then I get board.

yes, I try to change my routine all the time....what can i say

kittypaws
    Just seeing this now Kittypaws. Nothing beats boredom like being busy. You have to get busy with life. If you're bored with your job, you may have to find another one. Don't sit around and do nothing. If you're a people person, go out and engage people. If you get bored easily, more than likely you are a people person. Volunteer at some place. Find one of those soup kitchens that help the poor, or something like that. Find a place where you're needed. If you're not a people person then study something that interests you. After I graduated college and started working, I went for a graduate degree at night. The comments about doing dangerous things or taking drugs are childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian
    interesting blog not that I am frequent visitor to it.
    wiki's definition is unspecific. emotional state does not sound right to me. boredom is nothing to do with emotions. crying is an emotional state. panicking is also an emotional state.
    boredom is a state of mind a particular dogma of feeling loathed but tired at the same time. ME cones to mind.
    psychologically it is a type of 'insignificant undoing' meaning one although surrounded by many things and the world is big is unable to associate one thing to another. it is a bit like dyslexia but with a different level symptom. one cannot add things to make a new thing. boredom is very common and especially among those run down by work/busy jobs/ scheduled routine. they get to a point where they can no longer function when they stop doing what they do best. they literally burn out. they are unable to use their time differently because suddenly they are faced with a different model of life. they ran out of ideas because all their energies have been spent doing the other busy scheduled things they do.
    it is a symptom of being run down and cannot see clearly.

this is my own observation on many people who say they are bored.
    You never answered the question. What would you do to beat boredom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Volya
    Breaking rules and engaging in dangerous activities is normally a good way to alleviate boredom (but drugs don't count).
    Interesting........What did you have in mind?
    Maybe you don't have enough energy to do the things you say you should do (cleaning and so on). I am sometimes in such situation. Not because I don't feel well, but because the things I should do seem less important than the things I'd rather do. It is a kind of state of mind which has come as a result of the confusion not so easy to solve. This 'battle' takes the entire energy away. I understand you and I don't have any clever advice to give you. Just hope it will be solved in the best way it should, as soon as possible.
    gardening is fertility rebirth and life.
    dying is going away.
    I somehow see the two not to link.
    a message in a bottle come to mind.

When I die I plan on being cremated as I don’t believe the physical body holds any merit; yet at the same time I found myself conjuring up this idea.
    the physical body is part of life without it we won't be here and so its merit is more then anything I can think of.
    to be able to walk talk and feel as well as do is to me an incredible thing to be able to do. the body goes beyond any definition. I would not dismiss that easily but that is me
    you conjured an idea whilst gardening. it is a contrast between fertility and death and therefore is intriguing. I am never able to think along these lines and so I admire you for it.

this inspired me to say that there is a positive in every negative one finds.
    and therefore l will propose this thought:
    how would you feel about your body if you knew you were immortal and that you will never die.
    death is out of the question.
    how would you rethink your idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Volya
    Breaking rules and engaging in dangerous activities is normally a good way to alleviate boredom (but drugs don't count).
    I am not so sure danger is a good track to follow.
    boredom is a symptom and unless one readjust their lives one will always encounter it.
    running away is danger.
    interesting blog not that I am frequent visitor to it.
    wiki's definition is unspecific. emotional state does not sound right to me. boredom is nothing to do with emotions. crying is an emotional state. panicking is also an emotional state.
    boredom is a state of mind a particular dogma of feeling loathed but tired at the same time. ME cones to mind.
    psychologically it is a type of 'insignificant undoing' meaning one although surrounded by many things and the world is big is unable to associate one thing to another. it is a bit like dyslexia but with a different level symptom. one cannot add things to make a new thing. boredom is very common and especially among those run down by work/busy jobs/ scheduled routine. they get to a point where they can no longer function when they stop doing what they do best. they literally burn out. they are unable to use their time differently because suddenly they are faced with a different model of life. they ran out of ideas because all their energies have been spent doing the other busy scheduled things they do.
    it is a symptom of being run down and cannot see clearly.

this is my own observation on many people who say they are bored.
    Updated 11-07-2013 at 05:28 AM by cacian
    Can you travel? I think that's what would do it for me, anyways.

Greece sounds fun, this time of year. Or Tibet. Where would you like to go????
    It can be an every day battle. And meaningful change is hard to initiate from the inside. Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    I cannot stand people who ruin other people's lives. Perhaps a large German Shepherd or Mastiff would get a hold of the thieves right there at the park. We could only wish. I wouldn't give any leniency to any punk that's caught doing this. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
    That would be soooo cool! To have someone walking their two dobermans back to the car and catching the thief in action!!

Unfortunately we have been warned that they may be armed so I have advised all patrons to get the tag # off the car and call 911 immediately and to take pictures with their cell phones!

Virgil thanks for the read and comment

kittypaws
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    It's really a shame that people have to experience this kind of thing at a dog park or at any park for that matter. You are never safe and should lock your doors.
    I am with you Buh4Bee and so are my park patrons!

thank you for reading and commenting

kittypaws
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast