Blog Comments

When you see something beautiful in someone tell them. It may take seconds to say, but for them, it could last a lifetime.
    It is quite impressive how the smallest details have the greatest implications, and how reluctant we have become as a society to partake in them.
    Yep

Everything's connected; and the best or most powerful thing is love.
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiI
    Pretty much every culture's wisdom tradition seems to emphasize as the most important goal in life peace - specifically that the most important thing is to seek peace, and then share peace, so I'd start there. :-)

Ever since I have come across the quote of Stevenson, that "There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty to be happy. When we are, we sow anonymous benefits on the world." (The second sentence I think is slightly paraphrased.) I've been exploring. . .

And a lot of others saw this as well, that peace work begins with ourselves..These are just my own thoughts, but I have found they are true in most spheres of life.

I've also found that it can be simplified even a little further, and I realized - simply to always choose things that bring renewal, that alone will bring everythign else that is good. :-)

As for being in nature - that is the greatest thing! I don't know that there is anything that is more refreshing, more uplifting or more healthy than that..

Travel is good, too - so wonderful - as Rumi says, it brings the power of love back into life. And yet - being at peace in one place is good, and helps reduce burden on the earth. As Emerson says - even if I go to Rome, it is still much the same. (Of course, by him said in a much more eloquent way!)
    All great words of wisdom and I agree about peace and paying it forward. These are all good things but what keeps you from boredom?
    Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac
    So many things can go wrong with the various activities you mention, which can lead to frustration and boredom The same is true about every activity, of course. Probably the activity that least often leads to boredom and frustration, for me, is reading a good book. Even this has problems of course: you might find the current book boring and frustrating, you can't read all the time, you get too tired to read,... I think "aiming too high can be a big problem, so trying "hiking and camping and experience nature" might end up as a hard, frustrating, and boring trudge along a muddy track. And it is only something you can do infrequently. Maybe aiming to read a good book, and take a break by walking round the park to experience nature, would be a safer bet.
    Ahhh... mal4mac
    Life is a challenge and unless you are willing to experience the unexpected then your life will always be boring. To go beyond what you know and conquer it is rewarding!
    I don't know you but I sense you have more than what you share.

When you read your books don't you travel within them? Live within the character....and if you are reading books that bore and frustrate you then I would suggest you change what you are reading?

You can never aim too high as long as your mind set is ready.
    Kittypaws
    Pretty much every culture's wisdom tradition seems to emphasize as the most important goal in life peace - specifically that the most important thing is to seek peace, and then share peace, so I'd start there. :-)

Ever since I have come across the quote of Stevenson, that "There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty to be happy. When we are, we sow anonymous benefits on the world." (The second sentence I think is slightly paraphrased.) I've been exploring. . .

And a lot of others saw this as well, that peace work begins with ourselves..These are just my own thoughts, but I have found they are true in most spheres of life.

I've also found that it can be simplified even a little further, and I realized - simply to always choose things that bring renewal, that alone will bring everythign else that is good. :-)

As for being in nature - that is the greatest thing! I don't know that there is anything that is more refreshing, more uplifting or more healthy than that..

Travel is good, too - so wonderful - as Rumi says, it brings the power of love back into life. And yet - being at peace in one place is good, and helps reduce burden on the earth. As Emerson says - even if I go to Rome, it is still much the same. (Of course, by him said in a much more eloquent way!)
    So many things can go wrong with the various activities you mention, which can lead to frustration and boredom The same is true about every activity, of course. Probably the activity that least often leads to boredom and frustration, for me, is reading a good book. Even this has problems of course: you might find the current book boring and frustrating, you can't read all the time, you get too tired to read,... I think "aiming too high can be a big problem, so trying "hiking and camping and experience nature" might end up as a hard, frustrating, and boring trudge along a muddy track. And it is only something you can do infrequently. Maybe aiming to read a good book, and take a break by walking round the park to experience nature, would be a safer bet.
    My favorite band is Queen... they were when I was a teenager, and they'll always be my top band. I saw them in concert during the glory years after The Game was released, and again after Hot Space (their worst album, in my opinion), and many years later sans Freddie Mercury when they hit the road as Queen + Paul Rodgers. I took two of my nieces to that show so they'd have the experience of listening to bloody loud music, and see a real show!
    Good to see they're still alive and kicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    I was never a Queen fan, but I'm glad the band is performing. Glad you enjoyed it.

thank you Virgil for your response....we all enjoy different things... I love the music Zeus, my dog; listens to....Beethoven, Bach, Mozart and more !

Life offers us so much.

Thank you for your kind words!

kittypaws
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    Nice blog entry Kitty! There is nothing better than to be jazzed about a great concert. Cheers!

Thanks for the response Buh4Bee! It was a great show. And you know the best part about it? It was the first live show I have seen in years!

kittypaws
    I was never a Queen fan, but I'm glad the band is performing. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Nice blog entry Kitty! There is nothing better than to be jazzed about a great concert. Cheers!
    I will. Too bad about Misfit's blindness. But if anyone can adapt it's a dog with a good spirit. But I'm sure he needs help. Poor thing.
    Greetings Virgil!

Good to see you and thank you for replying.
    Yes, Misfit is a doberman, blind from birth.

That is exciting news that you will be looking into pup once the remodeling is done. Smart move to wait!

Depending on the breed you select some are quite adapt to agility and it is a great way to expand their minds. Dogs aren't all about being petted and chasing balls...some like to work. But all dogs like to please their owners.

Please keep me posted!

kittypaws
    That looks really cool. We can't wait until we get another dog. We're doing some major remodeling at the house and when it's all over we'll look into another pup. Is misfit a Doberman? I can't quite tell.
    Virgil - the doodles seem to be pretty even tempered and playful. Make sure you have time for one!
    Quote Originally Posted by kittypaws
    Yes Scout is very cute!
    Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

There are a ton of Designer Dogs out there....do you know of any?

Kittypaws
    Not specifically. I know they mix breed with poodles so that the designer breed won't shed, such as Labradoodles or Golden Doodles. We've considered getting one. I haven't seen any though.
    Yes Scout is very cute!
    Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

There are a ton of Designer Dogs out there....do you know of any?

Kittypaws
    Very cute!
    Scout is very cute
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast