Blog Comments

You have much talent, samercury. I loved the art you have displayed here.
    Cheddar because I really like both cheddar cheese and drawing and have come to associate the two together especially when I'm using sunset colors (if that makes any sense at all)
    Now that's my Same.
    Thanks so much- glad that you like them (kind of shocked actually)

MH- Cheddar because I really like both cheddar cheese and drawing and have come to associate the two together especially when I'm using sunset colors (if that makes any sense at all)
    Virg- Right... kind of and the last one isn't really that big (9"x12")
    They are all very good, but I especially like the one of the trees. I love the colors.
    Why cheddar?
    I noticed that too. But I've known Samercury (I call her Same, as in Sammy ) for a while now. She used to post a lot more on lit net than she has recently, and who can blame her with now in college. But I've know Same to have a very original thought process and "Cheddar" is one of those things you just know is a Same-esk thing. Right Same?
    Why cheddar? I love the cocoon drawing the best. That was very nice!
    I didn't realize you were so talented Same. Those are beautiful. I particularly like the fist and the last. Actually the last really approaches something special. What size is that?
    those are BEAUTIFUL!
    Yup- if it was a subject I hated, I wouldn't have cared either way, but it's chemistry! Thanks, I really hope so
    I love getting advice
    That's good because I love giving it. Don't you hate teachers like that chemistry teacher. Hmm, let's hope you did well.
    But I mostly liked sophomore year in high school. True (unfortunately). Worst part- the question that I was a bit confused about is worth 10 points (on a 100-point exam) and when I asked him what he meant he just said "it says what it says, you'll figure it out" and just smiled- very helpful . I'm kind of used to working under pressure now- not a good thing since that means that I haven't yet failed anything... which would motivate me to stop procrastinating, which I'm working on. I'm getting plenty of exercise (couldn't not happen even if I wanted to since I'm in the middle of nowhere). I try to eat healthy most of the time (but some days it's too much work). I love getting advice
    Sounds like your getting the sophmore blues Same. This is when school really gets tough. Sophmore year might actually be the hardest. I know what you mean about certain science class tests. In a liberal arts test question if you know even a little bit one can kind of B.S. your way to a B- type of answer or better if you're lucky. But with a science test question like your chemistry test, even if you know the material very well and for some reason you don't understand the question you can get the whole thing wrong and get no partial credit. Good thing you work well under pressure on that essay. I hope you got good grades. Let us know. As to you being tired, are you getting any exercise? Some exercise can make you feel more invigorated. Plus make sure your eating healthy. Sorry to be an old Polonius and give you advice. Take care.
    More like every couple of years. Yes, I was a very different person five years ago (in some ways, in others not so much), but it's still so weird though- not necessarily in a bad way :/ . Thanks for the good luck; the semester's just started and I already have a bunch of stuff due. My word associations weren't weird- they made perfect sense
    Nice to see you around Same. Yeah people can change lots in five years. I've always said that a person becomes a different person every five years. How different were you five years ago? Good luck in school this semester. Hehe, I can't remember you ever telling a joke. So tell me one next time. Wait, I remember all the weird word associations you would ome up with, and I would have to scratch my head to figure it out.
    Updated 08-29-2008 at 11:05 PM by Virgil
    Too long? That was not long enough. It was marvelous Same. You are such a wonderful young lady and I can tell this year has been great for you. I'm so happy you've done well and had great experiences. Let me respond to a couple of things:
    The idea that guys growing up after high school... yea, that's just a myth
    Ha! Most guys don't mature until they're 30. And don't fall for any of thier lines.
    Frat parties are lame(and not that entertaining after the first time... or even then actually)
    Yeah, so make sure you don't risk your grades over them.
    Classes can be fun
    Great! That's the most important thing of all. I'm sure you'll get a prof you won't like. There are lousy profs as well as good. But do your best in all.
    Didn't fall while giving a presentation
    Good for you. I actually did in college. I actually blacked out for a few seconds.
    Dissected a rat
    I remember you telling me that. I couldn't do it
    - Flirted with someone (yes, you can laugh, everyone else did )
    - Became slightly more confident in myself
    - Gave some useful advice
    - Started thinking before talking
    - Talked to new people (even though the first year anywhere I usually put this little shell around myself and try to avoid everyone) ;__;
    - Made peace with myself with the whole God/ Evolution thing. (most happy about this)
    Boy have you matured in this year. You are so much more confident.
    Stalked the ducks and the geese to see where they go at night (good times)
    So where do they go? Congrats on having a great first year. Have a nice summer, and stop by lit net when you can.
    Well I hope you both feel better soon and good luck on your exams too Sweets.
    Thanks.
    Get well soon!
    I feel for ya Samer. I'm going through the same thing. My nose is runny like a leaky faucet. I have been sneezing so hard that I have been throwing up. Anyways, heres to you and I feeling better soon. Hugs, B
    Ah, I also have a cold right now, during my exams. Hope you'll be ok, and good luck!!
    Thanks Virgil. I think I will .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast