Blog Comments

I understand what your friend did. Of course it seems horrible to me to shoot a dog, but if a dog attacked mine, I don't know what I would do, and I think I would be tempted to kill the other dog if he threatened my dog's life. The law you mentionned is strange, I would have thought that it was the fault of the German Shepherd's owner because you have to keep your dog in your home?
    Oh lord...eesh!
    How gruesome.
    AY CARUMBA!!!
    We were talking briefly about Wal-Mart in my last Accounting class. We were comparing Wal-Mart and Target's financial statements, and it looked like Target was doing better. Wal-Mart is of course larger, so their numbers were larger, but in doing some ratio work, it looked like Target was more on target... anyhoo, my instructor was talking about the difference in customer bases between the stores (in areas where there is a choice) and people with more money go to Target, so I am guessing that Wal-Mart's makeover with the new colors etc has something to do with wanting to attract customers who have more disposable income. However, I don't agree with their color choices you described in your entry (I haven't actually seen what they plan to do so I am just going by your description) -- it seems like 5 years ago or more, I started seeing browns paired with muted greens and oranges and blues - brown was the new black they said. But, I have never liked brown because from a very young age I always associated it with sleaziness, so even when brown became the fad, I couldn't go with it. I can't believe their publicizing that - they're BEHIND!! Now that Wal-Mart is going brown, I bet everyone is looking around for a fresh new look. I have noticed a few upgrades to the stores here in town as far as putting in new flooring and stuff. The greeting card section had some lighting and hard wood floors making it more of a place where you wouldn't mind browsing for that perfect card to get for that special someone. And then you hear some employee call out over the loud speaker and you remember, that yes you're still in the Wal-Mart (Target has a walkie talkie system so not everyone knows that there is an issue on checkout lane #7 hint hint WallyWorld) But, I would really prefer it if they actually had the item in stock that I went for.
    I must admit I've been pretty satisfied every time I have gone into Walmart. We don't have any in NYC, so it's either near work in New Jersey or when I'm out of town. But compared to their competition (Kmart, Sears, Target, etc) I find them the best. No one is perfect, but are they bad compared to what? And as to non-American made products, the other stores have the same stuff. Perhaps you got a bad store and I've gotten lucky with good stores.
    I don't think I like that idea with the lighting. First off, I wouldn't even go near someplace w/o lighting. I want to be able to see something before I get close enough to determine what I am looking at.
    You want workers to actually have a happy smile on their face? Puhlease!!!!
    The supermarkets I shop at the cashiers are lazy and slow. I've heard cashiers complaining to the customers that they haven't had their break yet or are just downright unhappy. It makes me not want to shop at those stores. Oh and don't get me started about not being able to find sales help on the floor. When you do find someone, they'll say "this is not my department". Well can you find me someone who does work in this department!!!
    I loathe the self check out lines. I guess stores use them so they do not have to pay someone. I know they do that at Home Depot and Lowes by me. There have been times I have gone in the morning before noon or around 6:00 PM and they would only have one cashier and the rest are self check out. I had almost gotten into an argument with a sales person one day at Lowes. There was one cashier and the line was getting long but no one was using the self checkout. I said I didn't want to use the self checkout and she said they will ring it up. So I went to self check out and she's just standing there waiting for me to scan my items. I said, "you told me you would ring it up". She gave me a look and I gave her one back and then she proceeded to ring me up.
    I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. I hope you'll recover quickly and the pain will soon pass. Funny thing about the senior citizen tickets. Have you tried any other senior citizen activities? May save you a lot of money.
    I was happy to read that all went well Pen. Feel better soon:)
    Glad that the surgery went well
    Glad you are back and doing well, Pen!

I am personally lookig forward to those days when I can claim discounts and eye people until they feel obliged to offer their seats/turn/place to me!

I have even started practising how to shake a cane in the mirror when no one else is home!
    mtpspur, my friend, we went to see the new Hulk movie. Very good show!
    That is great to hear that it all went well! I hope you fully recover very soon
    Why Pen you're just a babe in the woods compared to me. Glad it went well but what I really want to know is what movie you went to.
    Seniors at 46 and 47?! Wow! Glad your surgery went well!!
    I'm glad to hear you are on the mend, Pen. I laughed out loud at your new way to save money! Someone once asked me if my sister was my daughter- she's only five years younger than I am. It was much funnier when it happened to you!
    Glad to hear everything went smoothly Pen. about the movie tickets!
    Yeah, I wasn't going to tell them "Hey! We aren't senior citizens!"
    happy to hear the surgery went well. Funny about the movie tickets but anyway you can get a break take it, especially what they charge for movies these days.
    I glad everything went well, Pen. Nice to have you back so soon.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast