Blog Comments

Glad you feel better, Pen. The people I'm talking about are at Walmart. I spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with them, and sometimes they miss the most mundane things - I had to change my way of thinking about them or else I was going to strangle somebody.
    I still may strange somebody.
    I get told that I take things too harshly quite often. I did explain that I am bi-polar and Anthropophobic. For those that don't know, Anthropophobia is the fear of people. I spend a good bit of my time alone because I cannot stand it otherwise, and my wife and kids work.

This forum has been very good for me. Here I have met friends that I will remember the rest of my life. You may think you don't mean much to me, but you actually mean everything to me. I got more get well cards from online people than I got from family. And I took the time to write each of you personally to thank you. I try to spend part of each day with my on-line friends.

I'm sorry I got so upset. Mind you, from my way of thinking, I was justified.

Love all of you with all my being.

Pendragon
    I sent you a PM, Pen, but I think I may need to apologize more publicly. Anyone who read my response needs to be able to read my apology. I responded in defense of most officers for your last blog, but I was not offended by your blog and I don’t entirely disagree with you. You have a great blog and I’ve particularly enjoyed this last series. I hope I haven’t offended or discouraged you in anyway.
    It always amazes me how people can defend certain practices with their own self rightousness, and many times just ignore the facts. It does get to the point where you frequently see these people defending their arguements with nothing more than bluster.
    Pen, maybe you take things too hard. It is just that in a blog entry that questions something -- people are bound to jump in and have their say, I guess. No one is angry or anything. Hey, I get 'jumped on' lots because I have chosen to not eat meat, and I feel like you -- as in 'c'mon, let me live my life and not get into this' kind of thing? Anyhow, I suppose that when we open a door of our heart to enable people to step in, we have to also be willing and able to deal (without feeling negative) with the fact that everyone wants to have a say in things that they feel strongly about -- it doesn't mean there is a problem or wedge in the friendship, you know? Anyhow I hope I continue to read many many more entries to your blog. You have a way of writing things with such a flair, and even your titles are well thought out (you could easily be a newspaper writer, Pen, and I mean that in the nicest way possible!). Well, cheers to you, K♥zzo
    My general belief is that people cannot help themselves. I saw on the news that only 3% of the population has an IQ of 135 or higher. Since mine is well above 135, I can only conclude that it isn't that people are stupid, it is that I am smart. What I have also decided is you cannot be angry or blame people for being stupid. They didn't chose to be stupid; God made them that way. So, whenever I see someone behave in accordance with their God-given IQ, I do not grow angry, but think to myself, "They cannot help it. God chose to bless them in other ways." In this way I can be compassionate and love them rather than being filled with the desire to choke the living crap out of em. Try it; it works.
    Pen, I sure hope I didn't sound snippy! I totally agree with you. It's unpopular, but I do believe that officers, teachers and preachers should all be held to a higher standard. I know the arguments against that so I don't need anyone telling me how unfair that is. But there are times that special circumstances apply and they may not always be obvious. It's true, however, abuses do occur.
    Stratigically, in a handicaped place? What happens when the handicapped person has to park further away? What happens when they kill someone while driving fast without it being a chase?

Don't get me wrong, I am all for law enforcement. I cross to the other lane when a policeman has a car pulled over, and I always did, even before it became the law. That policeman may be at enough risk from whoever he or she has pulled over. They don't need to have to dodge traffic as well. They need to be able to enforce the law without a lot of hampering laws. But they need to obey the laws they must enforce. That's all I'm saying. Sheesh!
    I have known some crooked cops and it’s sickening, but they are few and far between. I’m with Virgil and I don’t think that parking near the food they are picking up is wrong. Police park strategically, every time, even when they are off duty. They don’t get a lunch break or a bathroom break. Ask any officer if they’ve ever been interrupted in a meal or while using the bathroom and have to leave things unfinished. They truly do have to be able to drop everything in a nanosecond and run.
    Perhaps I may be the only one that is going to dissent here? What's the big deal. They may have been ordering lunch but they were on duty and if a call came in they would have to run. The car needs to be handy. It's the off duty stuff that bothers me. But while on duty, so what? I get to use a computer and tap into lit net while I'm at work. Technically that's wrong. But there are little conveniecies that one gets with certain jobs. I don't begrudge a policeman parking where others can't when on duty or passing a red light while patroling.
    Kiz: I agree with you that there are more good ones than bad ones but unfortunately we only hear abt the bad ones. Its not that often you hear something good especially here in NY.
    I just did a Google search on "Who Is Policing The Police" and a plethora of info flashes -- so many many people feel this way. It is not right/fair, and yes, officers of the law should surely be an example of good citizens. But at the same time, there are so many more good cops that outweigh the bad ones. So I just hold that thought.
    So true Pen, so true!!!
    Why is it that police do not have to use their signals when making a turn but they are fast to pull someone else over for not using theirs?
    Boy did you ever tell it like it is! LOVE THIS ENTRY, bravo, Pen!
    I didn't know that Nick. That's fascinating but it doesn't surprise me. Everyone is trying to be counter culture and what is more counter culture than prison. I'm not sure I agree with the law though. It doesn't hurt anyone and everyone has the right to look rediculous and a fool. But I can understand the sentiment.
    sometimes it's hard to find pants whit a zipper of any length. My rule is that the zipper has to be as long as my palm. if the zipper of the pants is shorter than the zipper pull it will show your crack and no one wants to see that. There were a couple of boys where my kids go to school that wore their pants down low but that didn't last. It's not very practical. most of our boys dress like cowboys, but there are still a lot of girls dress like tramps. I think it's sad, especially since teenaged pregnancy is not uncommon or even unexpected. There tends to be more trouble for girls who dress that way.
    Yeah, Boots, that low waist-line thing has hit here. I have to get on my daughter about it. Maybe I did diaper her butt, yet I have no desire to look at it now!

Started in prison, Nick? So that's where it came from!
    Not only are the pant too large for the wearer, but they let the pants waist rest on their knees in NYC. To run they hold the belt buckle, instead of pulling up their pants, and let their lower legs flare out to the side as their knees rub together. It has been said that this and later generations have no sense of traditions, I find it unnerving that the tradition the do follow started in prison.
    I just hate that look!! I don't see how it is comfortable to wear shorts or pants like that.
    On a side note: you should have mentioned the low waist jeans that some girls wear as well. When they sit down, you can see their crack as well. I get a kick out of seeing this because once they sit down they are constantly tryin g to pull the jeans up. I really don't want to see anyone's crack especially when I am eating!!
    Excellent points, Pen, bravo!
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast