View RSS Feed

Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

description

1. Advice For Would-be Theives

by , 07-14-2008 at 12:12 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Headline:

Chatty burglar overstays welcome, gets arrested

WINNSBORO, Texas -John Michael Baker, 25, of Winnsboro

It seems Mr. Baker was going to rob a friend's car and residence. Caught in the act, he stood talking to his erstwhile friend, completely unaware that the man had called the authorities. He stood chatting drunkly while the police arrived and arrested him.

This brings me to an advice column for would be burglars. For goodness
    Categories
  2. Eating Habits

by , 07-12-2008 at 10:31 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    You Are What You Eat!

Headline:

Docs pull screws, nails from metal-eating man
    17 'strange objects' found in stomach of 38-year-old

According to this article from Reuters, this man in Peru went to the Doctor complaining of stomach pain. X-rays revealed the unlikely contents of his stomach, which was very swollen. Screws, bolts, nails, a watch clasp, a knife, (for crying out loud!), and pens were in his stomach and colon. He was fortunate ...
    Categories
  3. Animal Miscreants!

by , 07-08-2008 at 11:42 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Police arrest goat; dog wanted to go along for the ride

According to the AP story from Capshaw, AL, the goat and dog were wandering along the interstate. A lady saw them and was concerned that they would be hit by a car. She pulled over, but the goat jumped on her Mercedes. Fearing scratches and dents, she called the Law.

When the policeman arrived, he put the goat into the back seat. But the dog jumped in as well. So now if you are missing a goat and dog near Capshaw, ...
    Categories
  4. Sermon Notes 7/6/2008

by , 07-06-2008 at 01:59 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    I'm doing something I've never done before. These are the notes from which I'll be preaching today. You can follow along the thought. God Bless!

Endurance

Mark.4

1. [1] And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.
    [2] And he taught them many things by parables, and said
    Categories
  5. Catnapping!

by , 07-04-2008 at 12:04 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    The Catnapper

Headline:

Police: Woman Held Cat For Ransom After Losing Dog

Related Video clip:

http://www.wpbf.com/video/16758672/index.html

And you always think your animals safe on your own property! What does this tragedy show us? Well, if your animal is missing, contact the animal shelter immediately, even if you think you might find the ...
    Categories