Blog Comments

I think it’s great, pen, that you are working on computers some. I think you and I are alike in that we prefer to be at home. I am going to start volunteering at the school one day a week and I have serious anxiety about being away from the house all day. But, I’ll have to get a job in a couple of years so I need to try to get over it. I wasn’t always like this. Now I have to really plan and talk to myself about being away. A couple of hours is fine, but all day makes me feel sick.

That is pretty scary about the skeleton. When my kids are all grown I would like to hike the Appalachian Trail with my best friend. Maybe not the entire trail, but I would love to spend a month on it. (I don’t get sick thinking about that because it’s so far in the future and the thought of not having all of the kids in the house makes me think I’ll feel less responsible or maybe more independent in the future) But wasn’t there someone who would kill the hikers several years ago? Scary. Maybe I won’t be scared about it in another fifteen years when my kids are all adults.
    Greetings Pendragon,what a stimulating blog.I yearn that you would be a computer whiz in the future.I love learning computers for they are vital in my life.
    Just wanted to say hi!
    Ok, here's a test comment for you I hope others can now comment too.
    Why is it that I have no trouble. but others do? Is there a Moderator in the house?
    I trust this fixed the comments problem! Pen
    It's almost as if people would rather make a fool of themselves as long as they get on the news. I even think this kind of thing is how a kid winds up shooting his classmates. Granted, you gotta have a couple of jets maladjusted to do a thing like Columbine, but, where do they get the idea? maybe a kid thinks he'll never make the news via his bowling or SAT scores... so he goes and gets dads AK-47. Who knows?

50 pounds! wow! Way to go. That's what I need. All I seem to do these days is click and dictate -- (sound like a musical group) yet, my appetite still thinks I'm climbing trees and skiing over stony precipices.
    I enjoyed your entry._P.
    I also echo the sentiment that this was a good read. As well, congratulations on losing the fifty pounds. It is certainly no easy task, and you are a shining example.
    If he had pulled that stunt in Dayton he would have been arrested and you won't believe the bill he's going to get for the 911 calls--will be over a $1000 I assure you. This does seem to be the age of entitlement at no cost. Personally I like to think I fess up to my numerous and ongoing failings. Sleep just a tad bit easier that way.
    People have this delusion that there is a nanny out there who will take care of all their problems. People refusing to grow up, one of my pet peeves. Most of it is sillyness. But I can't stand it when people sue over the stupidest of things. Even if it goes no where it clogs the courts. But unfortunately some actually click and they win. It amazes me. Actually horrifies me.
    Only in america. All i can say!
    oh woah that's weird. and pathetic. Like Shalot said, this is America.
    It sounds like this Subway guy is a little slow or in need of help or both. These other people with their petty lawsuits are just trying to make a buck and this is America.
    I think a lot of this shows a lack of personal responsibility and an abundance of perceived entitlement. Good read Dale. and great job on the 50 lbs!!!
    Reminds me of mtpspur a little, lol. I would never shoot a lawnmower...the person using however is an entirely different proposition. B
    Thanks, Tonya! Yep, that's the article all right!
    I definitely would get a lot of satisfaction out of shooting my current lawn mower.
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=36779 I saw that one too and it made me thing of the lawn mower of doom. It made me think of how frustrated I get sometimes, too, but I would have to clean up the mess and that really prevents a lot of fits.
    It was both amusing to read about this guy doing the battle to the death with his lawn mower; and yet scary. We have all fought with the inanimate and lost at one time or other -- but how many of us reach for our 'short barrelled' shotguns to do the questionable? THAT is the scary thing. I wonder what kind of satisfaction that guy felt?
    Haha, I just finished mowing the lawn...no frustration though! I used a push mower so it's pretty much straight forward. I don't consider myself tempermental by any means; I'm rather laid back, actually, know that I think about it. Oh, wait, I did get a blade of grass in the eye and muttered under my breath "fudgin' effer!" or another improvised curse of which I have many. This was entertaining.