Blog Comments

Yikes, you're not kidding, that is a bad day. Still, you got through it and that's something positive to take away. And it sounds like you've got your head screwed on a whole lot better than most of the people you encountered that day. I guess sometimes honesty isn't the best policy. How messed up that sounds.
    Hope things get better Pen. Goodness knows you deserve it.
    Maybe they held the wrong person in jail. First the cop tells you "you don't have to wear a seat belt", funny I to thought that was the law and second, one of them tells you
    to smoke some marijuana since you are so wound up!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go thru all of this but try to think of it from another perspective. At least people care enough about you to make sure you don't do anything to hurt yourself.

Hope the coming days are better for you.
    Saying that they didn't handle it well is something of an understatement. I'm glad your handling it well!

Was the next day better, I hope?
    Yep, Steph, they have three barbed fins which can sting the heck out of you trying to get them off the hook. A lot of the time I simply cut the line, I can afford to lose a hook and they still live with a hook in their mouth. I have caught them with several hooks already in them, and one still trailing a bobber where he broke the line!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephofthenight
    Catfish sting???
    Do you mind if I reel in this fish?
    That was great I went fishing once, cried when i had to pull the hook out of the fishes lip cauese I thought it had to hurt him...never went again.

Catfish sting???
    This made my day.
    That is four-star funny!!! Thank You! This is a brilliant essay. You just captured the ultimate kibitzers!
    [QUOTE=Pendragon;bt39884]Thank you all. And Virgil, they would have gotten it, only they waited until they were out of my range, and a guy built like me [I](read fat)[/I] cannot run after them! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've a solution to this if you will forgive me butchering a quote:lol:

Walk softly and carry a sling shot armed with rocks:D
    Thank you all. And Virgil, they would have gotten it, only they waited until they were out of my range, and a guy built like me (read fat) cannot run after them!
    One of the best fishing stories I've read.
    :lol: I laughed so hard reading this simply because I can sympathize. My husband has recently gotten into fishing again, and it is amazing the obnoxious (however well meaning) advice you get. ~ Meg ~
    Fantastic!! That was a great blog Pen. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You really brought that to life. I went fishing twice in my life and was terrible. But what do you expect from a city boy. And those teenagers that called you that name, they deserve a good swft kick in the a$$.
    Thanks, Boots!
    I enjoyed reading this
    I will be writing soon!
    I definitely consider you a friend Pen.
    Glad you are posting more often these days, Pen.

It is interesting how we feel contacted to certain people regardless of our locations and differences.

One of LitNet's best features, no doubt, is the circle of friends who are ready to offer support in times of need.

Keep posting and sharing.

Scher
    Keep hanging in there. Love, Meg
    Well Pen, I haven't been on Lit Net for long, but I can truly say that you are correct. I have read some of the replies to your first blog re: your suicide attempt. This site and the people on it are a warm and wonderful group. I hope you find your friends close at hand. (Even us Aussies) We may be umpteen miles away, but wish we could be there to give you a big hug. Take care and keep safe.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast