Blog Comments

Poetry as the Countess is aware is a mystery to me and unless it's wording is as subtle as an Acme anvil I rarely get. But I like to think I get the spirit of it.
    Whatever else, Pen, you are not a foolish man.
    We'll see indeed. :P Pen, cummon, are you actually expecting we won't like them? I can't promise that I'll understand them but that doesn't have anything to do with you. Only me. Bear with me, it's only recently I've begun reading poetry and am still working on understanding it. On another note, Brian Jacques (I don't know if we're talking about the same guy since he's spelled with an a here) is/used to be one of my favorite authors. Which of his books are your favorites? Mine was, is, and always shall be Lord Brocktree. Which is where I got "OMGA", or, "oh my giddy aunt" from. Cheers.
    Pen, it takes a real man to be able to come forward like you and honestly try to straighten things out. **HUGS** And as most everyone has said here already, what human doesn't make mistakes? What makes you special is your kind and soft heart and know here and now that you are loved by the good folk here at LitNet. Your friend, Kizzo
    Pen I really like your new avatar with the Sherlock Holmes pipe.
    If I were the Saint you see in me, my friends, I wouldn't be in this world. Barbara will know and understand what I mean. I may hurt in secret, but I will apologize in public, where others will know that the darkness takes me at times, and I hurt people I have grown to love. There is no excuse a man or woman can give for hurting another that will stand as justified when the other has done nothing wrong. Allow me my apology and my humanity. I am proud to call each one of you friend. When we loose someone, it hurts deep inside. Yes, I would say we are a family. And siblings sometimes quarrel, but when outsiders attack, they stand shoulder to shoulder...

God Bless, I got to go before I start crying...

Pen
    Pen, I hope you know how loved you are on this forum, and you give so much to people that you're entitled to the occassional slip (if there has indeed been one - I haven't seen it). Just glad you're back here - I was missing you. Hugs from me, keep smiling
    Pen, you are a man among men as far as I am concerned and I often envy your ability to see the uniqueness in each forum member here and address them accordingly unlike my heavy handed genralizations. We're all good. Two can walk together if they are agreed and I count you a friend any and every day of the week.
    We're all ENTITLED to our bad moments Pen, otherwise we wouldnt be human. The key is that you seem to surpass them with good, and that is what people will remember.
    Pen, you are such a good person. If you have ever said anything offensive to me, I didn't know it. And that's the truth. I think many people on this forum feel like a family of sorts. Families do a lot of crazy things to each other but mostly they care and learn to forgive.

I have to tell you that I Can Only Imagine is one of my favorite favorite songs. I know this sounds weird but my group is learning to hula to it.
    Pen, forgive me if I'm putting my foot in my mouth, but we're ALL human. We do make mistakes. I for one will be the first to admit that I do. In fact, I make a lot of mistakes. But friends are there to pull you through thick and thin (there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother). Anyways, it is obvious to all on this site that you are indeed a wonderful dear man. We love you.
    Pen, you are a wonderful dear man and any vitriol, which I haven't noticed, that you may have used is completely understandble given your circumstances. I wish I could put my arm around your shoulders and say it's ok buddy. There I just did in a virtual sense.
    I've been thinking a lot about you Pen. Really hoping things'll look up soon.
    Thank you all. Countess, I know all about the weight gain. While they were trying to stablize me, various medications put about 100 pounds on my frame that I cannot loose. True, my body-fat index is lower than most would expect, as I went into an exercise program, but I lost very little actual weight. I was about 240 pounds fairly solid built from hard work when I went down, very flexible, played basketball with people half my age and won most of the time, self-taught martial arts, etc. The weight won't go now.

They caught yours early which is good, better hope for recovery. When they catch it late (I was already 34) you've built mental barriers to deal with the illness that don't tear down easily. I still lash out because it is the only thing I've ever known.

God be with you all. Thanks again.

Pen
    Pendragon, I'm 37 and have been on and off medication since 16, when I was first diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. I'm most stable on Effexor and Seroquel, but can't bide the Seroquel because it ceases the incessant flow of thoughts responsible for any intelligence I may have, and in addition, makes me fat. I don't mind being in a mixed mood or hypomanic: I just ride the wave.<<<<<<<<<I guess I tell you this so that you know you aren't alone in your suffering, and that others have experienced the same thing. When I lost my insurance, I was forced to go cold turkey on Effexor, and it was pure, unimaginable Hell. You do have Cymbalta, so that should ease your transition quite a bit. You have insurance so you don't have to worry or go cold turkey. I guess what I'm trying to say is look at the positives, not the negatives. I know it's hard, and emotionally it may come to nothing, but really, take heart: one day you will wake up and this too will have passed.
    A trip somewhere might be just the thing. I admit I don't know much about your medications but hope the doctors mayget a clue sometime. Plus don't forget the Great Physician. Flying's not so bad--got boring after awhile even the little bit I got to do in the service. Hang in Pen. In prayer for you Rich
    Oh, I don't know what to say, Pen, I can only send you some positive thoughts. I am sorry to see how difficult it is for you.
    You have sent me positive thoughts on different occasions, through your nice words, and I hope I can cheer you up a little.
    You're still in my prayers Pen. I really hope that the side effects will calm down soon. Getting away sounds like a good idea. A nice long vacation may be just what you need to lift your spirits. ~Meg~
    Thats not good. Sounds like they basicly screwed your son and let her off. No Justice. Hope the meds stop making you feel ill, especially seeing as they are working. La Gra Niamh
    Here's hoping your son is ok also--as well as the lady. Hope you get better in the stomach area or they can find something that's less stressful. Rest in God Pen and He'll take care of you.