Blog Comments

Poor Pen. You go through so much. I hope you feel better, dear friend.
    Cool, Neurontin -- a nerve medication. I was on that for awhile, and then, my insurance company said "no can do". So, I went on heavy narcotics -- that explains things, right?, just kidding; I'm pretty much on the straight and narrow these days. Hope you have a speedy recovery. (That is, if recovery is possible)_P.
    Wow. So sad. I hope it's not true.
    What a haunting account, so beautifully written. Sometimes you leave me in awe, but it is nice to rub shoulders with someone as gifted as yourself. Cheers, Pen
    hey now, ecclesiastes I have never read, maybe I'll give it a gander.
    Cool poem, Pen. You handled the rhythm very well.
    Been reading Ecclesiastes? LOL. Reminds me of "The Celebrity of Madness" paper I'm writing. Good job.
    I like this one pen. I hear jazz in the background when you were writing it. You and jon1 slay me. Later B
    Thanks, Pen. I loved the style; using the second line of the stanza above for the first line of each stanza.
    Yes, skeletons in the closet and dirty underwear under the bed always linger to undo a person (which is why I shall never run for office). I'm definitely not a modernist poet, but your verse never fails to cast some light on a subject worthy of reflection. Thanks.
    That is fantastic, Pen.... I would find it murderous to write such a style, great admiration for you, oh poet of LitNet. You not only adhered to the style but the subject matter was very well said.
    I'm a little unfamiliar with poetry Pen, and I'm afraid I don't know too much about it. I enjoyed the poem, but is Pantoum (from the title) the type of poem? As I said, I don't read poetry much, so I have no idea the different forms. I can't even pick out and iambic pentameter anymore:blush: Maybe I need to visit the poems section on Lit Net and educate myself on the subject again. Great job. Meg
    Ooo, I like this Pen. So many masks, so little time. And you have made me think of that song from Phantom. I like it.
    Been thinking about your poem since yesterday. ver the years the masks are coming off more and more as my social life dwindles but that can't be the reason. It's become less and less important to me to stage act that everything is spic and span. I'm often amused by what Litnet perceives me to be while all along I know the Pharisee is often in the ascendant. Lately in my life the dark times are of shorter duration as I take my eyes off the past with all its glories ans sins and ups and downs. I still live in hope of brighter times as the world waxes more and more evil. But God is still good. The lawn mower of doom is not. Remember the truth does set you free. It saved me in the mid-life crisis that could have ended oh so terribly.
    I really loved that Pen. I think we've all felt that way at some point in our lives, and some of us continue in that vein always putting on a performance. I know that I do when things are going bad. I'm the queen of filling my face with laughter when I am breaking inside. I especially like the third verse. I often feel that life is a series of parts that I play, but I never get to be just me. I'm starting to think that the real me is merely a compilation of the parts. Thanks for sharing.
    I have determined Byron wore two masks: one for the general public (English society), one for his friends (which made light of his true suffering) but the man himself can only be found within his verse. So, perhaps it is a poets nature which makes him so, n'est pas? You are quite normal - for a poet.
    Oh hang. Well do I know the feeling, though it doesn't hurt me quite so much. Do you ever get the feeling that you're multifaceted? You can be one person quite comfortably with Friend A and another person with Friend B but still not show only yourself, heart mind and soul, integrated? Verse two as well as the last line are my favorites.
    Maybe sometimes the masquerade is adopted to protect the people we love (Lines 4,5,6) ... we may feel that we have to protect them from the truth, or something like that ........................................... I love the way that you can speak your mind in prose, such creative ways of giving us a glimpse of your feelings. What was most powerful was that closing line -- bravo, Pen.
    When I think of Pen, the word fool does NOT come to mind. But these words do: Protector, Poet, Sweet, Brave, Artistic, Kind, Friend ..... I don't always comment in all the Blogs, but maybe by the view numbers, folks might realize that they are indeed being read. Anyhow, I look forward to more of your artistic contributions, Pen, and take care. Kizzo
    I wouldn’t call you a fool. I would call you prolific!