View RSS Feed

Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

description

1. The Fog

by , 01-04-2008 at 10:59 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    The whole Island of Ocracoke is themed to Blackbeard. It was just off this beautiful isle that the famous pirate was finally brought to his death after practically ruling North Carolina from these outlining island entrances and then from port city Charleston. I have been places on the island most tourists never go.

The Fog

There is a place I love to go when I really need to relax for a while.
    The Outer Banks of North Carolina—Kitty Hawk down to Ocracoke Island! ...
    Categories
  2. George, Gardner of Martha Washington Inn

by , 01-03-2008 at 11:48 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    In this particular case, I know the location well (I could never afford to stay there!), but I have a dear lady friend who doesn't lie who has seen George personally. The main ghost is Beth, a blood stain, the horse, and the slaves, my friend told me George was black and working as a gardener, describing the outfit I have him in. She saw him in early morning at the rose bushes. She said he was so real she almost fainted when he faded out before her eyes.

George, Gardner of ...
    Categories
  3. For Whom the Bell Tolls…

by , 01-01-2008 at 01:58 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Yes, B, I guess I am concentrating on the South a bit, but I am Southern. I live close to exit 50 of I81 in Virginia. At that exit sets a haunted place, The Old Stone Tavern, never to reopen due to the ghosts. This poem is about The Bell Witch Farm, not that far away in Adams, Tennessee. The Bristol Mall, Bristol is a divided city, half in VA, half in TN sells all sorts of information on the haunting in the bookstore, so I have known for some time. The last movie was garbage.

For ...
    Categories
  4. A Walk In The Moonlight...

by , 12-31-2007 at 02:18 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    OK. So I know a lot about haunted places and legends. B kinda gave me a bit of a shove. Real Place here, and I actually saw the lamp deal. It was on Ghosthunters when they were down there. Both Jay and Grant are chatting away and only on replay did they see the lamp move back. The cord was not pulled and the spread on the table undisturbed. The reason I say cord not pulled, was it fell normally to the floor. Interesting. This comes from the major ghost story of the plantation

A Walk ...
    Categories
  5. The Significance of Five Years

by , 12-29-2007 at 12:56 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Wasn't even being read on "Weird Poems" So we'll try here.

This is just a weird one about ghostly places, I've been chatting with someone about ghosts and stuff. Marie Laveau is a favorite song by Bobby Bare as well. The wail from the song goes into the poem. BTW she doesn't haunt this particular cemetery, she's in the St. Louis Number 1, but it felt good to throw her into the whole mess. Have Fun! I chose Cyprus Grove as the cemetery, because it's on every list ...
    Categories