Blog Comments

To which I'll answer: Yes!
    Solid 4 on the beat, hack.

Of course, this bit is rather topsy-turvy and confusing:
    'Where's the hand to hold the spade,
    at whose feet empires are laid?'
    Is there a spade being held at someone's feet? If it's another question, it's flipped up sensewise.
    Love it -- the airy/watery blend of the imagery (spray, breath), the spirituality suggested in the last line (that gods precede the living) and that somehow the sea and divinity are closely linked. . . .
    Really like this one hack -- the last several lines are really powerful and the words echo the feelings of depth, quite and cycle that the image depicts.
    That is so neat. How incredible to be able to watch.
    I've met a few homeless people in my time. These are pretty good.
    Do I infer correctly that Skeet won't be around any more & that you're handing these on your own?

--and by the way, doing an entertaining job of it. Thank...
    I love this poem, hack. I love the way it leads you one way and then into something else, and the beauty and humour of it. Very impressive.
    I always enjoy your work, hack -- the transition from the lofty in the first few stanzas, to the bar-room in the final one adds a bit of humor to the wisdom of the work. Go!
    Yes, I agree with Comedian, this is mavelously imaginative, visual, and paced very well. Good one Hack!
    I really liked the central, humorous image in this poem (G-d hacking up a ball of phlegm) as a glimpse into heaven. It nearly captures the ethereal of G-d and the slimy existence of his that we live in. . . .
    Really enjoyed this poem, hack. . . . I like how the big Missouri plays the role of divider between men and wild nature.
    I love the concept of 'gazing with the morning' as though the morning is your friend sitting with you beside the river, sharing a cup of coffee and early anecdotes of the day.

Sad and profound poetry, hack, simply told. Those wolves and bears, well, they're gone from my shores. Hopefully you can keep hold of yours. Nature is wild and scary and vicious, but also beautiful and viceral and alive and real and important. Leaves the reader with much to think about. Thanks.
    ^I was thinking the same...
    Almost as if men themselves were the wolves and mother nature the aging bear...
    Amazing how a few words can transport one to the other side of the world or the end of life.
    Sad, lovely poem hack.
    Who are you, and what do you do? Your life is so intriguing! No wonder you have such breathtaking poetry!
    Death valley is kind of weird. The people seemed a little off.
    ^^Ditto Qimi. I'm enthralled by these little snippets.
    Weird. Did you use it and if so, did it work?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast