View RSS Feed

OrphanPip

1. Back home from the hospital.

Well it was a quick 36ish hours in the hospital. Everything went well without much complication. The surgeon accidentally pinched a piece of my tongue wiring my jaw shut, so I woke up with my tongue stuck to a side of my mouth and ended up fighting to rip out my tongue and leaving a little piece of it behind with the teeth. Anyway, I kind of feel like crap now that I've been off the morphine pump for a little bit, but while I was in the hospital the pain was minimal, and it was mostly just boring ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Surgery, surgery, surgery

I just felt like announcing a biggish event in my life. Anyway, all my life I've had somewhat of a problem with my jaw, being born with a severe under-bite and misalignment tilted upper jaw that makes it difficult for me to chew food properly and I get regular jaw pain/head aches.

So, after a long while of preparation, and saving up for bills, on Wednesday I will be going in to have the jaw surgery performed to fix my jaw problems. I'm a little worried because this will change the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The City and The Pillar - Gore Vidal

I don't usually write book reviews in my blog, but I've recently finished reading Vidal's The City and The Pillar for the second time. Clearly, if I'm willing to read this book twice, I must have some sort of high opinion of it.

The novel follows Jim Willard, a young man from Virginia, from his last days of high school in the 1930 to the end of WWII. Over the course of the book Jim lives in Hollywood, Mexico, and New York, and spends a brief period in the military. The central theme ...

Updated 08-13-2010 at 07:58 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT - Queer literature
  4. The end of the playoffs for Montreal

Oh it was a wild ride for the Habs this season. They barely made the playoffs, squeaking by with a single point gained in a tie game against Toronto. They came back from behind to beat the top seeded team in the league, the Washington Capitals. When things were looking bad again they managed a second come from behind victory against the defending Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In the end, they were crushed in 5 games by the Philadelphia Flyers, the 7th seeded team. ...

Updated 05-27-2010 at 07:34 PM by OrphanPip

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pride or no Pride?

There is an obvious running theme throughout my blog post, which is gay issues. Well today's blog is no different .

So, I recently had a little conversation with a friend where I got a little uppity about the use of the word faggot. My friend responded that I shouldn't worry about the use of the word because I'm "just gay" and not "one of those faggots." Of course, I asked what the difference was. Apparently, I'm not a faggot because I don't "wear sparkingly ...

Updated 08-13-2010 at 07:58 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT Issues
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast