View RSS Feed

OrphanPip

1. The Voice Behind the Door - a poem

I found this going through my stuff today, I'm not sure I'm entirely fond of it. I rarely write poetry for anything other than passing time so I don't mind writing bad poetry .

The Voice Behind the Door

Life pinned to a bed, is a
    Peculiar joy:
    Hot breath, suppressing weight,
    The heartbeat rising-

KEEP IT DOWN!

Does he guess the
    Source of the excitement?
    Boys will be boys,
    They're loud and

Updated 03-15-2011 at 10:23 PM by OrphanPip

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Gay Cinema

I haven't written a blog entry in a little while, so I wracked my brain to think of something interesting to write. This entry will likely be followed up soon after with another component of the Autobiography, which I've neglected for too long.

As the title says, this entry will address gay movies, mostly because it's a question I hear a lot from other gay people. Do you know any good gay movies? I love going to the cinema, and I'm fortunate enough to live in a city which has a gay ...

Updated 02-02-2011 at 10:47 PM by OrphanPip

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Giovanni's Room - James Baldwin

Along with Gore Vidal's The City and the Pillar, Baldwin's Giovanni's Room is one of the most widely read of gay literature, probably the most widely read by heterosexuals. However, it has long been a problematic text for gay readers, particularly gay African American readers.

Baldwin was actively involved with the civil rights movement, but shied away from the gay rights movement. He proudly fought along the lines of African American identity politics, was involved in forming a positive ...

Updated 11-01-2010 at 10:57 PM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT - Queer literature
  4. Some questions for LitNet and some recent events.

Well I haven't made a blog post in a long while, so I figured it was about time to do one.

The NHL season is about to start, just got home from a pre-season game, we beat Florida 6-2, but Florida's not a very good team to begin with. So far, I'm not sure we have a team much better than last season, we'll probably make the playoffs again this season but I don't see a cup coming, even if we made it to the division semi-finals last time.

Since my surgery, I'm back at work, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Part VI: Papa Can You Hear Me?

No, this entry in my autobiography is not about the influence Yentl and Barbra Streisand have had on my life. Jun's recent blog post on her father reminded me that I haven't posted to my autobiography in a little while. So, as a self-identified trend following conformist, this entry will address my father.

My father was born in South Eastern rural Quebec, a little bit North of the Vermont border, sometime in the 1940s. He grew up on a large dairy farm, on land my family had owned ...

Updated 07-22-2010 at 02:52 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    An Autobiography (with many omissions)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast