View RSS Feed

LGBT Issues

For when I have thoughts on issues pertaining to the LGBT community.

1. Uncertain Fate for Transgender Rights Bill

I've decided to write a bit about a current bill, that is currently before a Parliamentary committee, which would make explicit the extension of Canada's Human Rights provisions to transgender persons.

The bill hasn't got much media attention at all, and like usual transgender issues are ignored unless they are being used for some salacious thrill on daytime talk shows. There are two main reasons why I wanted to try and do a little publicity for the bill.

First ...
    Categories
    LGBT Issues
  2. Pride or no Pride?

There is an obvious running theme throughout my blog post, which is gay issues. Well today's blog is no different .

So, I recently had a little conversation with a friend where I got a little uppity about the use of the word faggot. My friend responded that I shouldn't worry about the use of the word because I'm "just gay" and not "one of those faggots." Of course, I asked what the difference was. Apparently, I'm not a faggot because I don't "wear sparkingly ...

Updated 08-13-2010 at 07:58 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT Issues
  3. Failures of Sex-Ed curriculums

Well recently in Ontario there was this big hoopla over some amendments made to the sex-ed curriculum of the province, the resistance lead to the province scrapping any potential revisions altogether.

Among the amendments that caused trouble was the introduction of education on genital anatomy in grade 1 and teaching about anal intercourse and vaginal lubrication in grade 7. Now, I can understand how some parents can object to the age ranges for this stuff.

However, ...

Updated 08-13-2010 at 07:59 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT Issues