View RSS Feed

An Autobiography (with many omissions)

I've decided to write a brief autobiography about myself.

1. Part VI: Papa Can You Hear Me?

No, this entry in my autobiography is not about the influence Yentl and Barbra Streisand have had on my life. Jun's recent blog post on her father reminded me that I haven't posted to my autobiography in a little while. So, as a self-identified trend following conformist, this entry will address my father.

My father was born in South Eastern rural Quebec, a little bit North of the Vermont border, sometime in the 1940s. He grew up on a large dairy farm, on land my family had owned ...

Updated 07-22-2010 at 02:52 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
  2. Part V: Mother Issues, of a Non-Freudian Variety.

Well it has been quite a while since I last wrote an entry for my little autobiography. Today was the last day in Canada for you to file your taxes without penalty. So, of course I was doing my taxes last minute. What does this have to do with the topic of this entry? Well, my mother's a retired accountant and for some twisted reason doing my finances reminds me of her. Also, as a co-chair of my brother's trust I had to sign some stuff for that, gah.

Anyway, for most of my childhood ...
  3. Part IV: The Early Years

I feel like my autobiographical blog has gotten a bit out of order, with me jumping around from different topics. I'm going to try and bring some sort of organizing logic to it by starting with a more in depth look at the earliest years of my life. Since most of my childhood is remembered in terms of school years, rather than by the calendar, I'll cover up until the beginning of grade 4.

As everyone can imagine, I don't remember too much of my first few years of life. I have a vague ...
  4. Part III: Coming out

This entry is coming closely on the heels of the last one as a response to a question posed by DB. So, today I'll address how my parents found out, how they reacted, how I felt about them finding out, and the concept of "coming out" as a whole.

I have the "virtue" of not being, well, "flamboyantly gay" so I don't stand out and coming out is a never ending process for me. Unless I'm running into someone at a gay bar, most people I know have to be told ...
  5. Part II: Romance and lack there of

Disclaimer: This blog post will address some sexual issues, but not explicitly.

Well some events today inspired me to write the second entry of my autobiography. Sometimes there are moments or words that send you on a road trip down Memory Lane.

I had decided to write a blog today, and at first I thought this was going to be about my general experiences in high school; however, on my way home I ran into a girl I had dated in way back when. As I sat down to write this ...

Updated 06-03-2010 at 08:04 PM by OrphanPip

Categories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast