View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. A New Project

The allotment is coming on nicely. We’ve had some of the first early potatoes, and I’m now harvesting broad beans and radishes. The sweetcorn is looking very healthy and the runner beans are at the top of the canes.

The first crop

We have put in three kinds of courgette ,(zucchini), yellow globes, green globes and the usual ones. The globe ones are nice roasted, ...

Updated 07-19-2010 at 06:58 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Godiva Festival

The weekend before last was the Godiva Festival in Coventry. It consists of a procession through town that ends in the Memorial Park just outside the City Centre. There is then a music festival over a couple of days which has grown in recent years.

The procession was nice to look at, and had the usual floats and bands passing by.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Eh Viva Bridlington!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7aPp-4z-uw

Bridlington – or Brid as we referred to it – was the distant Mecca, the Shangri-La of our childhood – along with Whitby, Scarborough and Cleethorpes - on Yorkshire’s East coast. It seemed a long way from industrial Wakefield in the middle of the West Yorkshire coalfields, though it can’t have been more than 80 miles away.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mary Magdelene Church is 900 years old this year.

As I was cycling back to the office today from my teaching venue, I remembered that my wife had mentioned something about the church being 900 years old this year. It’s only up the road from where I teach, so I decided to take a short detour and have a look.

(As you can see, I still have my England flag proudly upon my bike. I think I'll keep it on until the next European ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Manga, Docklands and a puzzle.

A week last Saturday I took the early train with my kids and some of their friends to London for a Manga/ Anime convention at the Excel Building in Docklands. My two are into this Japanese comic/ animation form, and it does look quite interesting, though I have to admit I haven’t really read much.

So we had an uneventful trip down – I was reading and listening to my MP3, and the kids talked amongst themselves and texted each other constantly – as they do. The tube journey took about ...

Updated 06-07-2010 at 07:08 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast