View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. November 5th 2010

It's that time of year again: when it rains copiously, the dog goes mad twitching between barking anger and fear, and half the population blow their well earned cash on the dubious celebration that is Bonfire Night. I say half the population - a quarter will sensibly wait for a drier night, and the other quarter are in comforting the dog and mopping up pee because the dog won't venture into the explosive environment.

I must confess that Bonfire Night was a great celebration when ...

Updated 11-06-2010 at 02:07 PM by Paulclem

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Oxford

Last Saturday I went on a trip to Oxford, and was able to have a good wander around the city. It’s a great place; so full of leafy courtyards, towers and spires that I wanted to photograph every other building. They are all so old and photogenic, it is hard to take a bad photo, though I did manage a few.

[IMG][/IMG]

We sat for coffee in the old market house, with its wooden ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. James Starley. Who?

[IMG][/IMG]

“Who indeed?” I wondered, as I first saw quite an elegant marble monument located on the edge of the City Centre. It’s positioned at the end of a Georgian terrace of estate agents and solicitors which borders the ring road, but which overlooks the pretty Greyfriars Green.

[IMG][/IMG]

The lawns ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rubbish, enviromesh and a picture of my butt

Before

[IMG][/IMG]

After

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, I have been busy digging up the matted grass and carpet that have clothed the new allotment this summer. We have cleared a lot of rubbish to the top of the allotment.

[IMG][/IMG] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A funny thing happened the other day.

I was reading a book I’ve just reviewed:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=54852

which is about a Red Army correspondent Vasily Grossman. He covered the conduct of the war against Nazi Germany including Stalingrad.

I had bought the book as a companion read to Anthony Beevor’s Stalingrad – you know when Amazon recommends books often bought with others - which I have also reviewed:

http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=54830 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast