Blog Comments

Oh, I thought Parker was your friend, whom you assisted and wheeled around on his wheelchair. Some confusion there!

If you have difficulty in editing your poems there is always your own poetry page, which you have linked to one of your blog posts.

Well, tailor, as you know I am no poet. I see you are on a frantic search after them. As you can see even the games and other old threads are soundly asleep. But If you want some friendly chat, you can always PM me. We are some sort of buddies after all. Birthday or no birthday, your visits will always be very welcome.
    Thank you for your concern and for your feedback on my poem May try again to edit and get the format more appealing for the poem.

Happily Parker is fine... she's had no recent inadvertent trips through the wash nor x-ray machines, though I've panicked a few times after misplacing her for a time... I sometimes think she's the real brains behind my poetry (I'll have to ask my imaginary psychiatrist about that )

As jb said recently things go in cycles... perhaps there will an influx of new contributors over the years. I'd like to think that some of the old guard ghost us with their visits and secretly smile when they see a post they like or see that they've been missed. Happy to see you still drop by on occasion.
    Updated 03-08-2022 at 07:17 PM by tailor STATELY (jp>jb)
    Sorry about your wife, I hope she will recover swiftly from her fall. As for your friend
    (Parker?) I think you did and still do what you can to improve his situation.

About LitNet. Not only the poets but most of the regulars have become rare. I am on another forum too, but take an habitual look at LitNet. Am glad to learn that you enjoy good health and spirits in spite of hard times.

Enjoyed the eggsixtencial poem!
    Nope...
    You Are Banned
    You have been banned from our site for one of two reasons:

You use an offline browser to download our site in mass.
    You use an ad blocking program.
    We do not allow offline browsers on our site. People use them to download the entire site which really puts a load on our server. Additionally they can be used to effectively steal all the work we put into placing these works online. If you're interesting in buying PDF files of the works on this site please visit http://www.online-literature.com/cd/

We do not allow ad blocking programs for obvious reasons. Nothing in life is free, you pay for your access to our site by viewing the advertisements, if you choose not to view the advertisements then you're stealing from us. You will need to deactivate your ad blocking software in order to access this site.
    Your IP address is: 16x.15x.18x.12x

(sigh)
    Howdy ! Missed ya ! I've been using Opera browser and logging in has been no trouble since the spam wars (I remember having to use Safari for Windows at one point (lol)).

I'm going to try to edit the post one more time to fix my format error after posting this. I think it was flagged because I wrote the post on the forum, not in an editor, then copied it just in case it glitched (like in the old days)... software prolly thought I was stealing content... even though it was my own (lol) and I wasn't stealing.

Praying all is well... thought about you on your Birthday but didn't post (sigh). Anywho, I think I'm back. I've been known to take time off the forums before but this is prolly the longest. I used to look to this forum to jog my poetic creativity... but all but a few poets have left ... so I jumped at the opportunity when a local poetry group got started... and life just got in the way too (leave it at that). So, yeah, I think I'm back
    Hi, tailor!
    Welcome back (if you are back)!
    If you are having log in difficulties ( you know, no Litnet happiness without log in difficulties) try changing your browser. Changing from Firefox to Bravo( Google in disfraz) solved my log in problems. If that doesnīt work, try contacting Logos- which may still be around.
    Silly... trying to edit so I copied my post in case it blew up and I get:

You Are Banned
    You have been banned from our site for one of two reasons:

You use an offline browser to download our site in mass. (NOPE)
    You use an ad blocking program. (NOPE)
    We do not allow offline browsers on our site. People use them to download the entire site which really puts a load on our server. Additionally they can be used to effectively steal all the work we put into placing these works online. If you're interesting in buying PDF files of the works on this site please visit http://www.online-literature.com/cd/

We do not allow ad blocking programs for obvious reasons. Nothing in life is free, you pay for your access to our site by viewing the advertisements, if you choose not to view the advertisements then you're stealing from us. You will need to deactivate your ad blocking software in order to access this site.
    Your IP address is: 10x.16x.23x.7x

(the x's put in to mask my IP
    address.... so now I can't edit the format error I made... so there ya go (sigh)
    Hi, Tailor

What a beautiful collection of roses you have put together!
    "Zoom" meetings probably are fun each one talking from his square! They are certainly the thing to protect oneīs health, during Covid times. I hope the course is enriching.

I hope your church meetings are also on line, 99 in attendance sounds like a bad joke, I hope it is one. There are about about 70 people too many. I read that once the virus arrives, it becomes difficult to control him. The track usually gets lost because of the asymptomatic. And religious gathering as any gathering may be a source of contagion.

I hope your foot gets better soon. Maybe you really have to change your shoes. Or get comfort insoles.

Glad your animals are all kicking according to age and temperament.

What about baby?

Those are Brazilian Summer temperatures you are having there. And I saw in the news that the burnings in California have started again.

Power is usually ok here, but it has oscillated a bit of late.
    ?
    Danik
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I love your beautiful roses! Happy Sunday!
    Thank you !!! Had a wonderful Sunday (wasn't even nervous for my 30 minute or so talk in Sacrament meeting... which is unusual for me; perhaps wearing a mask while talking to a masked congregation of 70 or so kept me distracted)... and hope you had a happy Sunday too ! I added a few more pictures today that the link should update.

Just to clarify there are only 7-rose plants but I try to take pictures of the best each day as they evolve and new flowers erupt in glorious color: they smell divine. Still looking for inexpensive permanent pots to bed them in.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    I love your beautiful roses! Happy Sunday!
    Hi, Tailor

What a beautiful collection of roses you have put together!
    "Zoom" meetings probably are fun each one talking from his square! They are certainly the thing to protect oneīs health, during Covid times. I hope the course is enriching.

I hope your church meetings are also on line, 99 in attendance sounds like a bad joke, I hope it is one. There are about about 70 people too many. I read that once the virus arrives, it becomes difficult to control him. The track usually gets lost because of the asymptomatic. And religious gathering as any gathering may be a source of contagion.

I hope your foot gets better soon. Maybe you really have to change your shoes. Or get comfort insoles.

Glad your animals are all kicking according to age and temperament.

What about baby?

Those are Brazilian Summer temperatures you are having there. And I saw in the news that the burnings in California have started again.

Power is usually ok here, but it has oscillated a bit of late.
    (update) Power did go off for a few hours today... https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article244979030.html ... First time in nearly 20 years. Still 83° F ( 28.3° C ) in the house with the swamp cooler cranked up at 10:25 pm PDT. Last time we changed out a State governor...

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    Interesting read. I've been working alot, and have not followed the mainstream media news much, if, at all. I hope you are well. All is exceedingly well in the Cayman Islands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I like the idea of using a character in a painting to inspire your poetry.
    Thank you
    I like the idea of using a character in a painting to inspire your poetry.
    You are welcome!
    Thank you so much !... I appreciate the song so much more.
    -tailor
    My translation attempt (without rhyme and rhythm)

Bullet train
    Itīs not about having all the people of the world to oneself
    Itīs about knowing that somewhere someone cares for you
    Itīs about being able to listen and hear more than one’s own voice
    Itīs about dancing in the rain of life that pours on us

Itīs about feeling oneself infinite
    In a vast and beautiful universe, itīs about being able to dream
    And so make worthwhile every verse of that poem
    About believing.

Itīs not about reaching the top of the world and feeling winner
    Itīs about climbing and getting tougher on the way,
    Itīs about being shelter and also finding shelter in other hearts
    And so, have friends in all situations

One canīt have everything,
    What would be the fun of life if one could?
    That’s why I prefer the smiles
    And the presents life brought me.

Itīs not about all the things money can buy
    But about each moment and smile one can share
    Neither is it about running against time for more and more riches
    Because when one least expects it, time has been left behind.

So, hold your kid on your lap
    Smile and hold your parents while they are still here
    For life is a bullet train, brother,
    And we are only passengers ready to depart!
    And, tailor, you are under no obligation to post cat pics , at least not here!
    ... (lol) Oh! Thank you! I've been feeling Her influence as of late.

Loved the song (shared on facebook). Not earwormy to me, very light and uplifting. She sings so fast though; it was hard to catch all the lyrics... the video was very sweet.
    -tailor
    Loved "Sign of Hope". I found This Brazilian hit sung in English, a bit earwormy perhaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5pXo2A2WJc

And, tailor, you are under no obligation to post cat pics , at least not here!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast