Blog Comments

Hi, Tailor

What a beautiful collection of roses you have put together!
    "Zoom" meetings probably are fun each one talking from his square! They are certainly the thing to protect oneīs health, during Covid times. I hope the course is enriching.

I hope your church meetings are also on line, 99 in attendance sounds like a bad joke, I hope it is one. There are about about 70 people too many. I read that once the virus arrives, it becomes difficult to control him. The track usually gets lost because of the asymptomatic. And religious gathering as any gathering may be a source of contagion.

I hope your foot gets better soon. Maybe you really have to change your shoes. Or get comfort insoles.

Glad your animals are all kicking according to age and temperament.

What about baby?

Those are Brazilian Summer temperatures you are having there. And I saw in the news that the burnings in California have started again.

Power is usually ok here, but it has oscillated a bit of late.
    ?
    Danik
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I love your beautiful roses! Happy Sunday!
    Thank you !!! Had a wonderful Sunday (wasn't even nervous for my 30 minute or so talk in Sacrament meeting... which is unusual for me; perhaps wearing a mask while talking to a masked congregation of 70 or so kept me distracted)... and hope you had a happy Sunday too ! I added a few more pictures today that the link should update.

Just to clarify there are only 7-rose plants but I try to take pictures of the best each day as they evolve and new flowers erupt in glorious color: they smell divine. Still looking for inexpensive permanent pots to bed them in.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    I love your beautiful roses! Happy Sunday!
    Hi, Tailor

What a beautiful collection of roses you have put together!
    "Zoom" meetings probably are fun each one talking from his square! They are certainly the thing to protect oneīs health, during Covid times. I hope the course is enriching.

I hope your church meetings are also on line, 99 in attendance sounds like a bad joke, I hope it is one. There are about about 70 people too many. I read that once the virus arrives, it becomes difficult to control him. The track usually gets lost because of the asymptomatic. And religious gathering as any gathering may be a source of contagion.

I hope your foot gets better soon. Maybe you really have to change your shoes. Or get comfort insoles.

Glad your animals are all kicking according to age and temperament.

What about baby?

Those are Brazilian Summer temperatures you are having there. And I saw in the news that the burnings in California have started again.

Power is usually ok here, but it has oscillated a bit of late.
    (update) Power did go off for a few hours today... https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article244979030.html ... First time in nearly 20 years. Still 83° F ( 28.3° C ) in the house with the swamp cooler cranked up at 10:25 pm PDT. Last time we changed out a State governor...

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    Interesting read. I've been working alot, and have not followed the mainstream media news much, if, at all. I hope you are well. All is exceedingly well in the Cayman Islands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I like the idea of using a character in a painting to inspire your poetry.
    Thank you
    I like the idea of using a character in a painting to inspire your poetry.
    You are welcome!
    Thank you so much !... I appreciate the song so much more.
    -tailor
    My translation attempt (without rhyme and rhythm)

Bullet train
    Itīs not about having all the people of the world to oneself
    Itīs about knowing that somewhere someone cares for you
    Itīs about being able to listen and hear more than one’s own voice
    Itīs about dancing in the rain of life that pours on us

Itīs about feeling oneself infinite
    In a vast and beautiful universe, itīs about being able to dream
    And so make worthwhile every verse of that poem
    About believing.

Itīs not about reaching the top of the world and feeling winner
    Itīs about climbing and getting tougher on the way,
    Itīs about being shelter and also finding shelter in other hearts
    And so, have friends in all situations

One canīt have everything,
    What would be the fun of life if one could?
    That’s why I prefer the smiles
    And the presents life brought me.

Itīs not about all the things money can buy
    But about each moment and smile one can share
    Neither is it about running against time for more and more riches
    Because when one least expects it, time has been left behind.

So, hold your kid on your lap
    Smile and hold your parents while they are still here
    For life is a bullet train, brother,
    And we are only passengers ready to depart!
    And, tailor, you are under no obligation to post cat pics , at least not here!
    ... (lol) Oh! Thank you! I've been feeling Her influence as of late.

Loved the song (shared on facebook). Not earwormy to me, very light and uplifting. She sings so fast though; it was hard to catch all the lyrics... the video was very sweet.
    -tailor
    Loved "Sign of Hope". I found This Brazilian hit sung in English, a bit earwormy perhaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5pXo2A2WJc

And, tailor, you are under no obligation to post cat pics , at least not here!
    What I'm listening now with Binaral beats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM-FjfN6Mc&t=6479s
    -tailor
    (lol) not finicky at all... My language skills continually fail me. I was using Duolingo (free) to brush up on my marginal French and was doing well until a tsunami of ennui hit (sigh). Hope to pick it up again... and maybe some Italian for when I visit my Brother
    -tailor
    I have an orphaned google web page that I attempted to update after google changed their format that proved problematic... I will revisit (hopefully) as it has the bulk of my 700+ poems up to a year or so ago (It may still be in my profile ? will check in a bit)... also my orphaned blog (sigh).
    - tailor
    Thanks for posting that, tailor, itīs so much to the point!

Google is improving much in rhyme translation!

Only, please donīt think me to finicky, I would replace "who" by "that" in the verses:

"Was a nice summer
    who does not end
    Every day a highway
    who is open to me"

I am going to post the song on the German sites now!
    Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY
    (lol) Just fixed the "until I realized that one had to be logged in to visualize it". I missed ticking a box that allows non-members to view my posts some how... thank you for bring this to my attention
    -tailor
    Oh I thought, it was intended. Anyway, thanks for fixing it. You mentioned other pages. Are they drafts of this one?
    (lol) Just fixed the "until I realized that one had to be logged in to visualize it". I missed ticking a box that allows non-members to view my posts some how... thank you for bring this to my attention
    -tailor
    Thank you ! Yes, the rabbit image, and all the other images, I had on ph*t*bucket had to be rooted out and resourced from my hard-drive... easy once I figured it out. I still have to go through the other website(s) I created and clean up the images ph*t*bucket marred with its watermark system for free-service customers retroactively.
    -tailor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast