View RSS Feed

1. Looking Forward by Looking Back

A little something for our Thursday at Two Poetry group today, a week after a week's postponement due to the Mosquito Fire threatening our foothill communities... at least it gave me something to write about... lol ?

Our challenge was something in the form:
    aaa bbb ccc ddd... so, tercets with a rhyme scheme, or some such. Hope I got it right:

[indent]Evacuation 9/8/2022 (Mosquito Fire)

Spent a few nights away from the Divide
    Wife on holiday;
    Categories
  2. Change is good...

We've been stuck in a heat wave for quite some time here in Gold Country. It's not too uncommon for September.

California has been burning; records have been broken for acreage burned since records have been kept for the last 35-40 years. Eerie red sun in the sky during the day due to ash clouds... moon at night too. Sun beams are red tinged... cars are lightly covered with ash from fires miles away in the morning. We're fine here though our community had a small scare about a month
    Categories
  3. Howdy !!! with Roses... (ramblings)

Howdy !!!

I have often use the above affectation to start a post or conversation... it's folksy, and I believe I began using it after reading about Will Rogers the famous humorous, etc. It allows me to step out of my introvert tendencies - to open up and loosen up...

So, no wonder it became a source of great amusement to me when, years ago now, the great cartoonist Gary Larsen, who has begun 'tooning again in a limited way!!!, created a panel with vultures feeding on ...
    Categories
  4. Corunavirus Journal Update (la Deuxiem)

Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY View Post
    Covid-19 testing is really mind-boggling out here in Gold Country, USA. First, we need to have everybody tested (face the facts, Jack)... but some politicians say no for Heavens-know-why, and there still are not enough test kits for e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e to get tested. I was lucky (twice)... let me explain:

Monday, late evening last, I get a weird dry cough episode and start to feel short of breath... paranoia sets in. OK, taking friend to doctor's appt. Tuesday where we both go for checkups.
    Categories
    , , ,
  5. Corunavirus Journal Update

Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY View Post
    California is backtracking closing many bars, etc, in counties that are trending poorly ... https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...243949602.html
    ... Gov. Gavin Newsom on Wednesday shut down bars, wineries, museums, movie theaters and inside-restaurant dining across most of the state for three weeks — with luck, enough time to determine whether those actions will once again slow the spread of infections.
    For the two weeks ended Monday, California’s confirmed coronavirus cases
    Categories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast