Blog Comments

It's not quite fair to rely on others to put meaning into one's life, though. Bonds form through shared experiences, trust grows, and voila, you have developed a meaningful relationship. I hope that is happening for you, and that tomorrow is a better day.
    Updated 02-27-2010 at 12:56 AM by qimissung
    Poor dear, here is a Mwah to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    So true IJMTU. But don't be so hard on yourself. You are a maturing person. A person doesn't completely bloom into one's full personality until at least thirty. If even then.
    I think that makes me feel slightly better... I think...
    So true IJMTU. But don't be so hard on yourself. You are a maturing person. A person doesn't completely bloom into one's full personality until at least thirty. If even then.
    OK. .......
    Well, the words of encouragement and bad ID sympathizers sure do make me feel better Thanks guys.

As for you Ben, I was always too scared to go the fake ID route. I found it hilarious in Colorado being asked for ID!
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf
    Welcome back to reality. It sucks, eh?

My student ID card is bad too. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE'S is bad, like driver's licence pics. It's because once upon a time an evil wizard decided to curse all automobile drivers and students, forcing them to forever look like either criminals or fops. That, or it's because the establishments won't let us show any emotion in our faces.
    blurry ID pictures sure do make it nice for those of us with friends of-age that look sorta kinda like us though.
    Long distance relationships are hard but they also give you something to look forward to

It is good that you have things to keep you busy... Keep working; it takes your mind off thing and makes time go faster.

My student ID picture was taken at the time when I had my hair cut very short to donate it; a friend said I looked like Elvis but "not half as good looking..."

Glad you are back home safe and sound.
    Welcome back to reality. It sucks, eh?

My student ID card is bad too. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE'S is bad, like driver's licence pics. It's because once upon a time an evil wizard decided to curse all automobile drivers and students, forcing them to forever look like either criminals or fops. That, or it's because the establishments won't let us show any emotion in our faces.
    One always needs a vacation after coming back from vacation. I'm glad you had a good tiume IJMTU, and once you're done with school, the world will be more open to you.
    It is hard to get back to one's usual schedule after an extended time with those you love. I went through that last summer and again at Christmas.

The feeling fades, but I'm not saying that's a good thing.

Take care.
    Comedian: I started thinking about it after it hit me the other day. I sat there dazed for a while, thinking "How on Earth did this happen?!?"
    Also, you're right, Colorado is beautiful.

Scheherazade: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe...

Skib: Thanks Ben

Virgil: It gives one a bit of a dizzying sense of power, doesn't it
    The cold was a VERY rude shock! We were having a bit of a hot spell at home. Although, I was quite chuffed when it snowed and some hit me in the eye.

qimissung: Thank you I am enjoying myself very much.

Nax: So true. It's pretty mindblowing that one decision can make irreversible changes and open up a whole new bundle of choices.
    I personally don't believe in cooincidence. I think life is like an incredibly intricate path with hundreds of millions of routes, the decisions you make will take you off some routes, back on others, crossing old routes, blazing ahead, back tracking etc until eventually you reach the end of whichever path u have chosen overall.

I personally can relate, seeing as one particular decision brought my father from Canada to Australia, literally as far away as you can get from Canada on the planet (go look at a globe) This particular path has billions of outcomes for me, but if I make one single choice and say move back to Canada, suddenly billions of paths are closed to me, and billions of new ones opened, its amazing really.
    "tiny, yet huge and significant..." lovely way to put the dizzying array of choices that is laid before us each day. I hope you are enjoying the fruits of yours. And welcome to the states, mate!
    One always has the power to change one's life. There is never a guarentee it will work out, but one can make all sorts of remarkable changes.

Welcome to the US. That part of the country is gorgeous, as I'm sure you're finding out. I'm also sure you're in shock over the cold. Have a great time.
    Updated 02-07-2010 at 09:54 AM by Virgil
    I told dufus to tell you hi about an hour ago but I'll say it on here too.
    Hi! Have fun up there!
    I'm in Colorado, visiting a good friend
    Anyone we know by any chance?

Enjoy every minute of your trip and let us know how you are doing!
    "It's funny what a powerful effect choices, and events can have on our lives" -- beautiful sentiment Carly. I was just thinking something similar to this the other day.

Enjoy Colorado; it's a beautiful place. I grew up in a state just to the north of there, as the base of the mountains.
    Love this little viginette, IJustMadeThatUp, and your description of your excitement. Where are you going? Like jersea, I am a tad envious.

Wherever it is, have fun and think of us.
    I haven't really traveled in so long, but it'll do that to you. I am envious. Where are you going on the other side of the world?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast