View RSS Feed

IJustMadeThatUp

[CENTER]

I promise to write nothing of value.

1. NaNoWriMo -Thoughts?

November is coming up and that means so is NaNoWriMo. I'm thinking about doing it this year. For a good chunk of November, I will be residing in a small, holiday town. I'll be flying daily to a nearby island and picking up wildlife for translocation. They'll be flown to an in-land sanctuary and then I'll fly back to the town each day. This will leave me with free afternoons/evenings, and I was trying to decide what to do with myself besides walking, swimming, reading, watching movies and cooking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nostalgia

I miss spending time on these forums. Reading back over my blog entries makes me cringe, but also gives me a warm feeling of nostalgia. The people and the upheaval in my life at the time made this a special place for retreat and reflection.

I don't know if there is any going back to recapture these moments. Sometimes it's best to fondly look back and reminisce every so often. Or start afresh.

I'm an ecologist now. I'm still getting used to saying that without the imposter ...
    Categories
  3. Baggage

We can't shoulder our packs and lug them around. You have to be sneaky, pretend it doesn't exist. They must be hidden, tucked away.

A bit in a pocket.

Some pushed into a sock.

No lumps allowed, the surface must be smooth and flawless.

Occasionally, a crumpled piece will fall out. God forbid. Pick it up before somebody sees, stuff it away again. Shoulders back, head erect, stand tall. Nobody can know the true weight of the burden, or you'll ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Avatar

It's changed It's my friend and I at Southbound - a festival where we camped for four days in 40 degree heat (celcius).

I've been making the most of my summer, spent thousands on festival tickets, even more on booze, eaten great food, rekindled friendships, been to the beach a lot, got an amazing tan, lost weight and had possibly too much fun.. There's still a bit of loneliness that creeps in, but I guess everyone gets that.

I'm not working at the koala park unfortunately, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. G'Day

Hi All,

I'm going to attempt to work this little old site back into my life.

A

LOT

HAS

CHANGED.

I'll think about it and update more later.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast