View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Wheee!

This is the best I can do with the time I've got. Due to the lack of excitement with my work life, this sort of highlights what was going on in my head. It is a mixture of fact and fiction, obviously the present tense being the fictitious part. Hope you don't want to cut yourself after you read it!

The bottle was heavy, giving me reassurance that I would be able to fall asleep peacefully tonight. The trip to the liquor store was almost more than I could tolerate. Smiling ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. vomiting words

In kind of a 'blah' mood today. Which is pretty amazing, actually, considering how the day has gone so far. I'm only in town for the next day and a half or so, until I head north again to help out withe calving in one cold place, so that I can later go to a colder place and do it again. I'm pretty excited to cut my in-town stay to less than two months. I digress.

This morning, I needed to go to the DMV to get my license renewed. Finally I won't have that "UNDER 21" ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ahh, gotta love wintertime

There was a night back in early December when I was still at Big Creek I was restless. This was when the temperature kind of hung right in the 0 to 10 below range for about a week. It was fantastic after the brutal week of 20-40 below we'd had previously. Anyway, it was about eight o clock, right around the time football came on. It must have been a Monday or a Thursday, because it was one of those stressful days during which you do absolutely nothing productive and feel like you've been walking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. my most recent poem. (drunk poetry, again)

Another Midnight Failure

Feeling the lack of volume,
    The openness inside,
    Reminds me of our time together.
    Plastic on glass
    Or maybe a cork pop on a fancy night begins the ceremony.
    Aromas of smoke, wood, adventure,
    And maybe an overtone of longing drift on the air.
    Memories flow freely as the liquid,
    Unlocking the deep feelings and fears;
    Breaking the bond between the nature
    Of good ideas and bad.

Updated 01-16-2011 at 12:32 PM by skib

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. hmm . . . where to begin?

Well, I don't remember exactly where I left off, so I'll just pick a spot. (imagining life timeline on table in front of self, close eyes, stabs a spot.)
    Okay, so my finger landed on the October spectrum, so I guess I'll go from there.
    As was stated in my last blog, I was working in south central Wyoming. I just got home to CO last Friday. I enjoyed many different tasks at this job, unfortunately as enjoyable as they were they aren't too interesting. I did everything from putting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast