View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Well, I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon

by , 01-02-2010 at 02:07 AM (Nostalgia)
    My 2009 reading list:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My first ever movie review (please don't expect much)

by , 12-21-2009 at 09:19 PM (Nostalgia)
    I don't generally write about movies, much less rave about them. On the occasion I'll recommend it to a few people, give my opinion on it, etc etc. Anyway, VERY few movies have held my rapt attention start to finish since I was a young(er) child. I could at the moment count on one hand the films that managed that. Anyway, last night I went to see Avatar, expecting some pretty cool CG and not much else. The preview looked good, but I was a little leery about the fact that there was one sentence ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A blog about being sober for once

by , 12-13-2009 at 01:43 AM (Nostalgia)
    Having looked back at my recent blog history, most if not all of them since I got back on Litnet in October (?) involve booze in some way or another, possibly leading you to believe that I'm guzzling Jack and Cokes from dawn till dusk.
    And, most (I can think of two exceptions) involve my summer at Cherokee Park Ranch (can you tell I absolutely love and miss it?) Anyway, I thought I'd share some stories about not being sloshed for once to prove that I'm not a drunkard.

Updated 12-13-2009 at 02:22 PM by skib

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. recap of the last twenty-odd hours

by , 12-04-2009 at 12:19 AM (Nostalgia)
    Got a call from my boss telling me I had two days off, decided to totally change my plans and drive three hours southwest and visit Kevvy. Almost spun out on I-70 (thanks to no traction control/a windshield completely opaque from the mag-chloride) truck almost died on Berthoud pass because I'm too stupid/lazy/impatient to get out and advance the timing a degree so I might break 20 mph. I got to Granby okay. So, Kevvy and I started on an old Mickey's forty that had been in my truck and frozen/thawed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. One of those nights?

by , 10-16-2009 at 01:23 AM (Nostalgia)
    Yep. I believe so. I'm sitting here listening to emo music, begging my inspiration to spark for just a second. I've got nothing. I want to write something, anything. I need to write. Its one of those urgent things, like needing to pee. There isn't the option not to. Sometimes I try Hemmingway's method- "Write the truest sentence you know."
    Okay.
    "I really hate electricity, especially automotive electricity and I wish I could write something to get my brain out ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast