View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Critical(ness)

by , 02-05-2010 at 02:34 AM (Nostalgia)
    Pre-reading heads up: This is NOT an attack on ANYONE who falls into the category I am about to discuss. It is merely an observation.

For some reason, tonight, all the extremely critical viewpoints are standing out to me. It may have something to do with, whatever I thoroughly enjoy (with the exception of cheap cigars and good whiskey) my best friend has to be critical of. I am not an overly critical person of much. To say that I am not critical of anything would be blasphemy- ...

Updated 02-05-2010 at 02:39 AM by skib

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. the best birthday ever

by , 02-03-2010 at 01:31 AM (Nostalgia)
    I got a call from a friend of mine a few weeks ago. He wasn't a close friend by any means, but we were acquainted and whatnot. Out of the blue he called me one day and said "I ripped out half the fence on the ranch and I have to have it put back up by January thirtieth. It should only take three or four full days."
    I initially took five days off maximum, thinking I would be able to only have to put up with my boss for a week before she left for Texas. I ended up staying double ...

Updated 02-03-2010 at 01:34 AM by skib

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. pick an inspirational title for yourself

by , 01-18-2010 at 01:09 PM (Nostalgia)
    This probly isn't that momentous an occasion that it deserves a blog all for itself, but oh well. It made my morning.

I got up with plenty of time to do a little workout. I diddled around drinking my coffee, which is usually the highlight of my day until cocktail hour. Anyway, I started my workout a little later than I wanted, but I finished anyway. I bounced around the house between making my lunch, getting somewhat dressed and taking a power shower, thinking I would be hard ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Wings of Thunder

by , 01-06-2010 at 12:28 AM (Nostalgia)
    Some of you may know, others may not, that I worked as a hunting guide in South Dakota last winter. I was only there for roughly two months. At the time, it felt like years because it was another one of those times in my life that I slept an hour or two a night, if I slept. It wasn't like Cherokee Park Ranch- we didn't dance till the wee hours of the morning. We sat around and bull****ted (bullshat?) with the hunters all night. Between ten thirty and 11pm we would leave under the pretense that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. *sigh*

by , 01-04-2010 at 01:02 AM (Nostalgia)
    (another whiney *****y blog about women, in case you were wondering. )
    Why do I bother? The other night I was out to dinner with a few of my CPR friends at bdub's, and we all (myself included) noticed a few things. More importantly, our waitress. She sat down at the table-rather close to me- to take our order. Nobody but me has ever seen someone do that. When I stopped to think about it, the only place that has happened was in places they were kind of required to socialize. (Think ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast