View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. several weeks? more like several months

by , 09-22-2010 at 11:07 PM (Nostalgia)
    Hi there. It's skib. You know, that guy that never really contributes anything but poorly thought out remarks to otherwise intelligent conversations? Hi!
    I don't quite remember when I was last on. I've been busy, you see. Busy trying to go places with my life, be successful and healthy and happy. Let's see here- I've only failed on only two of those.
    I left the dude ranch two weeks-ish ago, drove a grand total of two hours northwest to Encampment, Wyoming. I got a call ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I see they have not kicked me off yet

by , 07-31-2010 at 05:23 PM (Nostalgia)
    Yes, Litnet, I've been away for a while. I miss it quite a lot, even though I typically don't add much to the conversation. I am off today, and in town for more than a few minutes and I kind of need to vent- here goes.
    My horse, Pinto, was lame for three weeks. he threw a shoe and got stone bruised, and last week was the first week I'd been able to ride him. He is doing much better now that the neighbor has started baling his first cutting, and Pinto is able to keep weight on better. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. it's already been a month?

by , 06-12-2010 at 05:29 PM (Nostalgia)
    I left for the ranch on the fifteenth of last month. I feel like I've been here for a week. Still, a lot has happened within that window of time, regardless of how it feels. It was a typical spring. Snow, rain, hail, lightning, all within a span of about eight hours. The ranch was a bustle of activity, everyone doing their business- the corral was a haze of dust and hair as we groomed all 115 of our lovely critters, the chainsaws, weed whackers and mowers have been a constant drone since the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Probably my last blog for a while

by , 05-01-2010 at 06:36 PM (Nostalgia)
    And unfortunately, it's not going to be too terribly positive. I bought a truck about three weeks ago, and have done absolutely nothing but spend money on it. Granted, I'm making it exactly how I want it, but still, I'm getting close to spending as much on aftermarket performance stuff as the truck is worth. I had to get tires within the first two days of the purchase, because the idiot I bought it from had been running on two different sized tires for at least a year, and it needed an alignment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. no rant, but there is something else

by , 04-17-2010 at 11:24 PM (Nostalgia)
    I came as close to having a heart attack today as a twenty year old can get. I am mucking stalls at the stables I worked at around four years ago for the next month-ish I'm still in town. It is a little more cheerful than the last time, due to the fact that my boss/bosses don't have kidney cancer and my coworkers (yes, I have more than one this time!) all speak english as their first language.
    Shelby is the first coworker I met last week. She's doing pre-vet at CSU. Another girl that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast