Blog Comments

I enjoyed it too. Nicely done.
    Lady- I managed to cut the absence short! There's a few places along the highway that I can scavenge enough of an internet signal! Hopefully nobody catches on enough to put a password on it . . .

qimi- You're quite welcome. I'm glad to shed light on the turmoil that oftentimes is hastily stuffed into a dark corner and denied.

kittypaws- Thanks for stopping in and glad you enjoyed it! It's nice to see a new face around here!
    Skib...reckon you have learned that a women's heart is always open to those who are special.

Enjoyed your blog....keep writing.

kittypaws
    That was very sweet, Skib. It's really nice to read something, I don't know, romantic, or at least about the inner workings of the male heart. It's not territory that is often explored in literature, so thanks.
    This was oddly sweet and light. Good to see you around. I was expecting a looooong silence
    Have always found you interesting reading. Be safe.
    Take care Skib. Stay safe.
    Oh, Skib, too bad. I hope you are able to find some peace of mind. I hope you can find whatever it is you are looking for!

Good luck and peace unto you! We will be here when you get back.
    Take care of yourself Skib!! Stay out of trouble
    I'm sorry you feel the need to withdraw from this space. I do hope things go well for you and that you return one day, little Skib.

Good luck with the drinking thing. I know you, or you seem to anyway, prize the crazed, blacked out image of yourself, that Bukowski thing, but having dealt with the addiction of a family member I just can't see it that way. It will take your life and it will destroy it. And why would you want that?
    You sound like you need a drink skib.
    You remind me of all the cowboys I've met. You guys are all cut from the same mold.

Yeah, things have gone up in price. It's tough out there right now. I don't recall it ever being this bad in my adult lifetime.
    Quit sulking It doesn't do much good and normally leads to more of the same. Good luck working out your summer plans. I'm trying to do the same, but it runs more towards what we're doing on the weekends. Take care of yourself, and we'll touch base soon.
    Well, at least it didn't separate Skib. I hope you feel better. Nothing wrong with just hanging out for a day. I wish I could have such a day.

Oh, and I have found Texans to be quite considerate. Now we New Yorkers are know for our inconsiderateness. Perhaps that family just didn't realize what had completely happened.
    Thanks! I enjoyed it, so no complaints, and I've had the woods and mountains on the brain lately.
    Sounds extremely painful. I hope you recover soon. It's a shame no one stopped to help you, I find the same over here in UK also. I am in the habit of occassionally falling over in the street (I'm not drunk, honest, just a little wobbly on the legs) and found distinct regional variations. So if you fall over in the north west or north east of England someone will always check on you (even if you don't want them to - very embarrassing) and often it'll be several people. In London you might be lucky to get one person stop, but in the Midlands people just walk by. So I wonder if there's a cultural element to it. I don't plan to fall down too many places in order to find out though. I've also found cyclists are extremely helpful and friendly to other cyclists; when I got run over I had at least three other cyclists who were passing by offer to help, and I'd have expected skiiers to be the same to be honest but perhaps skiiers are snootier than cyclists (yourself excepted of course ).

Feel better soon.
    Ouch!! Enough said I think. I don't get the people who just cruised on by, but then I'm the type to stop and check. Gotta love good old mid-west manners. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it. No sense in making things worse.
    I kid, Skib-although I do live in Texas, I am from Oklahoma, a much less arrogant class of people.

As to the people who walked around you, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that. I mean, really? The irony is that you know they would be astounded that anyone might think they were selfish or self-centered. But they are.

How are you feeling? How long will it take to heal?
    Yes, I suppose I shouldn't trash-talk Texans so much. I've met very few I truly disliked. I'm more miffed at the people (who may or may not have been Texans-I am going off the thousands of Texas plates I've seen during the holidays) that had to go around me (as I was laying in the middle of traffic in a narrow stretch) that didn't even pause to see why I was facedown in the snow holding my arm. I mean, even as a snowboarder (the stereotypical *******s) I check anyone I see even just sitting down. There's no way they missed the wreck.
    As for the snowboarder that cut me off- I'm fairly positive he's a local. He's the one I'm most pissed at.
    I'm sorry you're injured Skib, but I assure you that it was your fault and not those poor, maligned Texans you're abusing.
Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast