View RSS Feed

my blog?

. . . yay

1. Meatatarians

by , 01-01-2010 at 01:20 AM (Nostalgia)
    This is again, one of those blogs that's gonna step on a few peoples' toes. It may be slightly intentional, but that's why it's here on my personal blog and not in the main conglomeration of public posts. This is not an attack on your views. It is an expression of mine, based on absolutely no research or statistics of any kind.

The object of vegetarianism vs not is quite obviously a long standing issue. It is obviously a quite controversial one as well. I am not here to argue ...
    Categories
    my blog?
  2. More nostalgia

by , 12-19-2009 at 12:52 AM (Nostalgia)
    Sometimes bets can go a little far. Throw in someone who demands payment for a bet won, and things can get disastrous. Ross was a vegetarian, and somewhere along the line he bet Brittany and Kelli that they couldn't do a month of vegetarianism. Kelli held out- Brittany didn't. The end of low season was drawing closer, and out of the blue one night after a few beers, Ross shouted that Brittany had two days to pay him back for the lost bet. Brittany stared at him like she wanted to kick him in ...
    Categories
    my blog?
  3. Poetry first thing in the morning

by , 12-16-2009 at 11:25 AM (Nostalgia)
    Don’t let me come away
    from this world of escapism.
    I don’t want to see what’s waiting for me
    On the other side of these eyelids of mine

Greeted by the covered windows
    Pale walls
    Dirty clothes
    Unwanted reminders of the day to come

I was flying through the air with the eagles,
    Fighting a hopeless war with all the hope in the world,
    Greeting a lost friend with warmth,
    And resting in a field of wildflowers ...

Updated 12-19-2009 at 12:16 AM by skib

Categories
    my blog?
  4. A dropped valve may get me a new truck

by , 11-29-2009 at 07:32 PM (Nostalgia)
    I just got a call from a friend of mine, John, who is a retired electrical engineer and pretty much a genius in my mind. Anyway, on Thursday when my grandparents came over for Thanksgiving, my gramps told me that John was driving to Denver for an annual woodworking show, when he heard this 'thunk' from in his engine. Now, you don't need to be a mechanic to know, any kind of 'thunk' in your engine is NOT a good sign.
    Now, let me tell you about John's truck. He has a 1998 24 valve Dodge ...
    Categories
    my blog?
  5. Indirect drunk blog

by , 11-17-2009 at 11:44 PM (Nostalgia)
    I had a lot of crazy parties last summer, and I just came a cross one that I apparently wrote after our New Years in July party. We used every excuse possible to party, and this was a follow up to our Christmas in July party the week before. I wrote this immediately following the party, then lost interest and/or fell asleep.
    Enjoy!

It’s twenty minutes till midnight.
    I’m ****faced, ready to pass out and go to sleep but still, people urge me to stay up. Kelli tells ...
    Categories
    my blog?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast