View RSS Feed

Eugenie

1. Too Tired

I have not had a break, a real day to myself since, well I cannot remember.
    Having so many things going at once that absolutely need tending to, others who depend on me, it has been virtually impossible.
    So I was so thrilled and overcome when my brothers approached me and said that , even though they work so very very hard morning to night at their jobs, they wanted me to have a real day off each week, just for me like they do.
    I felt both absolute joy and tearful. To have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Goodbye the attitude

"Come on Syl, get up, I am tired of calling you. I have to leave now, so if you don't get up you'll be late for your important job interview.'
    Claire Trenton shook her head at her sister's long red tresses, all matted and twisted from the wild way she had slept.Beautiful,brilliant, engaging-she could melt an igloo with just one of her smiles. Resourceful and chock full of ideas that, if applied could take the twenty year old places. Real places.
    But lazy. So lazy it had become ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The hundred dollars

So, I was ecstatically happy when , after going through my accounts and paying all my bills, I had, besides my savings, which I try never to touch, a cool hundred dollars.
    I had seen this very cool dress, a pale mint green, slender lines and just a hint of dressup with the thinnest fringe of pearls at the neckline. One hundred and six dollars, plus tax.
    I could swing that and I would have it just in time for a friend's wedding.
    After a million hour soak in the tub until my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Little Lost

The air was charged with the promise of something, what I don't know; and also a sigh of something sorrowful,sad , perhaps the rain is merely the collective tears of the people in this tiny place.
    Whatever the truth was, it was bothering me right now. I dressed in my trenchcoat, it was not enough but I didn't care.
    After making sure I had left nothing on to start a fire, (I always worry about things like that)I locked up and headed toward the edge of the village where the tall grasses ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized