Blog Comments

In evolutionary terms maybe....
    No kidding...
    Yeah, that sounds about right. The 'caps' thing is just a tradition I hang on to. Maybe it's time to change.
    I think it is a tofu (maybe I forgot the question mark)....or a snafu...
    Great 'ku! or is it a tofu?
    wow. The last two stanzas are amazing! That's the poem. I don't like the caps at the start of every line, and I would change 'a' in the final line to 'the' for some reason, but that's just me.
    lol! this is wonderful - my, you must have busy days.
    The leap from frog to eagle is a big one!
    Of course Blake's verse was political as well - I suppose at some level all poetry is - but I do think he achieved more beauty than you did. I'm sorry.
    I like your reference to Basho.
    The 'leaps eternal ponds' line of this paired haiku is incredible connected with the image of the dead frog. A precious and excellent mindleap!
    Just wondering though, is it the nature of this this of poem that the first haiku is really just descriptive? I feel it would have been better to have more spark in the first haiku as well. But maybe this kind of poem isn't supposed to work like this.
    Excellent work though!
    Ahhh, how this resonates...

Would Zarathustra
    have left his 'Blissful Islands'
    with its volcano

& traded it all
    to stand in supermarket
    aisles for tins of soup?
    Wonderful capture of the mundanity.
    Yeah, I love that one. I think Blake's birthday is actually on November 28th!
    Well, if it's Blake's birthday, then I will quote one of my favorite Blake poems. This is so deceptive simple a poem, but my goodness the complexity of the symbolism.

THE SICK ROSE
    by William Blake

O rose, thou art sick!
    The invisible worm,
    That flies in the night,
    In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
    Of crimson joy,
    And his dark secret love
    Does thy life destroy.
    I tell a lie....it isn't a Shakespearian sonnet. I have differing versions of this poem on different word processors. I think my ADHD is cutting in.....ooh shiny....
    This is really nice!! Neat idea! Oh, and - it's not just the people that wonder 'what if' - the stars do too. Just ask Neil Gaiman.
    looking back at me
    on a planet of their own
    and thinking 'what if'?

Perfect ending, in my eyes.
    * Waves back from Alpha Centauri's Shopping mall *

They are out there, come visit Mars, the interstellar hub of this part of the galaxy! :

former hub really, hence me being at Alpha Centauri for the moment, but it is being rebuilt by mad Martians on a vengeance trip.

Cool Poem
    Why would that exclude a sharp concluding couplet? Shakespeare was very good at that.
    It is a Shakespearean sonnet though!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast