View RSS Feed

the ocean always dreamed blue dreams

1. A pair of poems, that speak of love

by , 02-13-2011 at 01:15 AM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    It's not chocolate, but still.

Le Commencement

I will send you books,
    bound like a schoolgirl's hair
    with radiant ribbons,
    a tribute to the stillness of your soul,
    and mine
    entwined, breathing in the silence
    and looking,
    unafraid,
    into the heart of darkness
    or whatever else we might find there

new thoughts encroach as,
    our fingers touching, we turn the page
    verso, yours, and ...

Updated 02-20-2011 at 01:48 PM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Last Day

by , 02-05-2011 at 04:12 AM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    OK, so the last day won't really be until Sunday, but it's the last day of the work week. I felt really aimless all day. I cleaned the kitchen and made the beans. I went for a walk, listening to the snow crunch under my feet, and sniffing at the frosty tang in the air that you only feel and smell when it has snowed. Some kids were playing in the snow. They had made wall out of blocks of snow and I do believe they were working on making some snowballs. Good times.

I haven't seen snow

Updated 02-05-2011 at 12:33 PM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day Three

by , 02-04-2011 at 02:11 AM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    So we are out a third day, all because the temperature is below freezing. What luck!

I painted this afternoon; I would really like to post my stuff, but I don't know how. Maybe I can get someone to help me tomorrow.

On other news fronts, I turned off my heater this morning just to give it a rest and it took most of the day to warm up the living room. Someone suggested that I flip the switch on my ceiling fan then turn it on. D'oh!!!! My living room, while still cool, ...

Updated 02-04-2011 at 03:10 AM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Second Day

by , 02-02-2011 at 03:37 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    I love the dichotomy between my southernmost point of origin and my lit-net friends who live in the north. Yesterday I wrote about my exultation at getting an unexpected day off. Today I'm going continue with information about how we are surviving the worst cold front in Texas in about a decade. I hope people realize that this is tongue-in-cheek, but just in case I'll go ahead and tell you.

I survived the night. I wore my bathrobe to bed and slept under a comforter, a down blanket ...

Updated 02-04-2011 at 04:01 PM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Snow Day

by , 02-01-2011 at 10:25 AM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    Yippee! I'm at home today. No school, now work. Home. All because of sleet and maybe an inch of snow. Life is awesome.

I plan to drink tea, paint, maybe watch a movie. Life is good. Not so good maybe for the 18 wheelers that persist in trying to drive around here. Lots of accidents.

And it's snowing! Tiny little flakes, but here, nevertheless. I'm going to go watch it.

More later.

Update:

We are going to be closed on Wednesday, ...

Updated 02-02-2011 at 01:58 AM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast