View RSS Feed

A Ramble through Smilie Land

Well I cant remember what was here originally but mostly this is my spot for rambling on and on and making random comments that are just too long or too random to fit in the Random comment thread. Oh and poems and word experiments, and some essays and things on SLDs dyslexia and dyspraxia. And obviously the Litnet challenge!

and hello

1. Calming down, the Life plans, thoughts and a Review of the Year

by , 08-17-2009 at 02:57 AM (A Ramble through Smilie Land)
    I have said it before my year starts in September, does that make me awkward and a bit backwards perhaps but it makes sense to me.

So Ive begun to calm down with the whole TOKYO thing. My mum has been delicately hinting about how I most probably won’t get the job, so don’t get my hopes up. The fact of the matter is its just scary enough that if I don’t get it i don’t think I will be heart broken.

Frankly I have too many ‘irons in the fire’ o get hung up about just ...

Updated 08-17-2009 at 05:35 AM by Nightshade

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. WOOHOOO and I didn’t even need sugar! Some days are just brilliant on their own

by , 08-15-2009 at 02:15 AM (A Ramble through Smilie Land)
    SO I wanted to share my amzing day ( yesterday) Friday 14th of August 2009 is defiantly a day for the record books, of good days. Now excuse me a sec while I ensure I don’t jinx myself Thank You ThankYOU Thank YOU. Anyway back on topic, It was the last day of the kids activities ecvents that I have been doing for the last 3 weeks and I had every intention of going out with a bang. Also I was in the local newspaper fro the last session and the paper is a weekly that comes out on a Thursday so it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. To Whine and not dine- or maybe not.

by , 08-01-2009 at 02:18 AM (A Ramble through Smilie Land)
    You know what? I was going to write this whole long post whining about how being on the dole stinkas and is so freaking time consuming but complaing get a bit tedious and its the start of a new week today! So instead:
    I applied for 1 job on wedensday, 4 on thursday and I still have a couple more to do by monday.
    I had an interview yesterday for a caretakers post at the librtary I already work at, only causel but at peak time thats an extra 10 hours a week! and Ive already had all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Great Secret International Hijabi Club

by , 07-28-2009 at 07:03 PM (A Ramble through Smilie Land)
    There are days when I love wearing a hijab a lot more than others, and I think one of the greatest reasons is what I like to call the great secret international hijabi club.

The best illustration is an example from when I was in Prague.

One day my friend who had come on the Erasmus exchange with me ( who shall from now on be known as Jadz on account of her trekkie tendencies ) and I were out walking through town. As it is a finable offence to Jay walk in Prague we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A dramatic moment

by , 07-17-2009 at 03:52 PM (A Ramble through Smilie Land)
    Now those of you who know me well or have known me for a while might rmember that I aoocasioanlly given to having mad impulses to do dramatic or childish things like skipping down the road in amnchester to uni, and twirlling like a 5 year old in autum leaves. The occasional impulse ( controlled and suppressed to date) to drop a full plate of food whenI am in a posh buffet resteraunt just to hear it smash.
    Singing Im singing in the rain or raindrops keep falling on my head whenever it rains. ...

Updated 07-17-2009 at 04:02 PM by Nightshade

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast