View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Happiness Diet

by , 01-26-2014 at 04:58 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Not long ago I wrote in regard to artificial happiness, but there is an easier way to happiness than the ways that I mentioned. There are foods that provide the components that go into building the neurotransmitters that make humans happy. If someone had a deficiency of some neurotransmitter, then the diet might correct that, and it would make it easier for people to be happy, because there would be more than adequate raw materials for many neurotransmitters. The human body is an excellent chemical ...

Updated 02-02-2014 at 03:56 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A World of Square Pegs

by , 01-22-2014 at 11:55 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Have you ever noticed how many people end up in fields that don’t fit them? It might just be in my limited observations, but it seems like most people are square pegs in round holes, or vice versa. I will admit that there are exceptions, like the woman I know who has been utterly mad about horses for her whole life and is a DVM now, but most people that I know seemed to have missed their true calling, and I include myself.

I will confess that my experience in this matter is fragmentary ...

Updated 01-22-2018 at 03:25 PM by PeterL

Tags: career, lsd, mismatch, pegs
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Vegetarian Recipes

by , 01-19-2014 at 04:32 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    (Excerpted for the classic cookbook How To Serve Man)

I have become tired of telling people (not here on Litnet) that meatless vegetable soup is not vegetarian soup, and meatless lasagna is not vegetarian lasagna, and so on, so, as a service for the cannibals, I am giving in and posting a recipe for vegetarian stew and a recipe for vegetarian lasagna. Vegetarians have a lighter flavor than carnivores and omnivores, so I understand why cannibals like vegetarian recipes. ...

Updated 01-20-2014 at 11:04 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Put the Mafia Out Of Business

by , 01-13-2014 at 05:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Is it a proper role for government to save people from themselves?

There are many people who think that they know how everyone should live his or her life. Those are the people who enacted laws that ban actions that harm no one, such as laws banning the use of certain chemicals. There are people who are not capable of taking care of themselves, and there should be protection for those, but the overwhelming majority of people are capable of determining for themselves.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The End of Racism

by , 01-11-2014 at 10:57 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don't think much of racism mostly because it is not a valid way to classify humans. But before I go further into that, there are a couple of things that I have to clear up. First, what is a race?

Whether one is considering animals or plants, a race is a subspecies that is separated from others of that species physically and by some genetic distance. Subspecies are on their way to becoming a separate species, but genetic drift has not yet separated them that much. An example of subspecies ...

Updated 01-11-2014 at 11:34 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized