View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Gas

by , 12-01-2012 at 11:22 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    While the subject of intestinal gas is not a common dinner table topic, it is something that we all have, and it is significant. Gas varies in fragrance from completely vile and sickening to mildly fragrant and almost pleasant. The fragrance is a result of the blend on intestinal flora and what is in the intestine. I looked up information about intestinal flora, and the information was overwhelmingly inexact.

There are hundreds of bacteria that are commonly found in human intestines, ...

Updated 12-01-2012 at 11:33 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Equality for All; the Fourteenth Amendment

by , 09-17-2012 at 02:31 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Equality Before ...

Updated 10-11-2017 at 07:28 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. An Urban Legend

by , 04-27-2012 at 07:07 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Here's something to lower your level of fear.

These days, governments and some institutions decide what the truth is, and their decisions have nothing to do with actual facts. For some reason the story about high serum cholesterol levels causing arteriosclerosis came to mind this morning. Although arteriosclerosis plaque is formed of cholesterol, there is no known causative link between serum cholesterol and arteriosclerosis formation. There are several candidates for ...

Updated 04-28-2012 at 09:56 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Next Great Leap In Transportation

by , 04-06-2012 at 01:59 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I think that I may have figured out why steam went out of use in transportation. It's too simple, too easy. I used to think of steam engines as a quaint, old-fashioned thing, but recently they came to my attention again in a way that made me go into the matter a little more, and I learned that there were steam engines in the 1920's that had total efficiencies that were as good as or better than most internal combustion automobiles have now. Doble put out models that weighed over 5000 pounds that ...

Updated 04-22-2012 at 03:08 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Lies

by , 04-29-2009 at 10:08 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Big lies aren't new. About seventy years ago, Hitler created several, and FDR created several others. The USSR was based on big lies, and NATO was based, in part, on another set of big lies. Fortunately, the U.S.A had a few leaders in the sixty years who were fundamentally honest. Eisenhower told us to beware the military industrial complex, and he was ignored. He was one of the very few fundamentally honest ones, but we have had some leaders who were partly honest but greatly misled, Johnson for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized