View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Bogosity

by , 09-24-2014 at 11:58 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I may have had an epiphany recently, but I’m not all together sure what an epiphany is. There was a beautiful example of bogons doing what they do, stopping things from working around persons afflicted with bogosity. And I realized that it often is a sign of an intellectual lack, which wasn’t a surprise in itself, but I also noticed that the particular variety of intellectual deficiency is marked by a lack of understanding of sequential events. More specifically, there is a tendency to speak in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Some Simple Logic

by , 09-21-2014 at 04:43 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There are a few simple tricks that one can use to supplement the check of Occam’s Razor, when one is looking at an argument.

If one is trying to show causality, then remember that effects follow causes. If your presumed cause follows the presumed effect, then you can be thoroughly certain that you are mistaken in your presumption of causality.

If something happened in the past when something else did not exist, then the thing that did not exist did not cause that ...
    Tags: fallacies, logic
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Caveman Diet

by , 09-18-2014 at 07:01 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I hate to bring this up again, but I sometimes see a stack of boxes for something that is called Caveman Food, or something like that, and the verbiage on the package indicates that the makers of the stuff want the gullible to think that it reflects what cavemen ate. Perhaps I should waste some money to buy a package, but that will be wasted money. The box indicates that it is some collection of seeds and goo to hold the stuff together. As I am sure you remember from my post “Evolution, Dentition, ...
  4. Beyond Spare Parts

by , 09-17-2014 at 08:02 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    After writing my post regarding human spare parts I realized that there was a rather interesting extension to the idea; to wit, food production. Actually, I was going to write about the potential value of growing flesh from their own stems cells for cannibals and for vampires growing blood, but there aren’t all that many people who would be interested in such food, but specially gene tailored flesh from some animals could be grown that way, and it probably will be a delicacy in a few decades. We ...
  5. The Races Of Humans

by , 09-15-2014 at 08:42 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Within the last few days it occurred to me that I might have been mistaken; there might be more than one race within the human species, but skin color isn’t relevant. I guess the seed was planted when someone asked me about the Blood Type Diet. But the race determiner isn’t blood type; it is the Rh factor. Then I found a website that suggested this also http://rhnegativebloodsecrets.blogsp...nderthals.html .
    This site makes some assertions that may not be ...