View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. That Time of the Month

by , 06-03-2016 at 04:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    or
    Is Astrology Valid?

I think that women have gotten a bad rap with respect to PMS. It appears that many people, maybe even most people, act up around the dark of the Moon. Women have been using their monthly period as an excuse, but I think that is a red herring, because many men act as badly but they don’t have that excuse. Unfortunately, I have nothing except personal observations as evidence for this, so I have to shoot from the hip on this one.

It is ...

Updated 06-07-2016 at 01:43 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Funerary Rites and Petrification

by , 05-19-2016 at 04:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t know when humans started doing something special to the bodies of dead companions, relatives, and friends, but it seems to have been several tens of thousands of years or longer. Apparently there isn’t a lot of information about the origin of funereal customs, but they go back more than 60,000 years. The remains of some Neanderthals have been found buried with flowers and dyes that suggest the idea of sending them to some afterlife. Burial would have kept them from being eaten by scavengers, ...
  3. Quelle Barbe (What a Beard)

by , 05-08-2016 at 03:29 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has been a few decades since I wore a beard, and back then I sometimes liked having a beard. In recent times beards changed significantly, and I don't much like the change. Back in those antediluvian times men wore full beards. When the beard became long, it might be trimmed, but regular trimming was not common.

Thinking back, it seems that the characters on TV who were bearded had full beards. I don't recall anything different, except for some strange people who grew full beards ...

Updated 05-09-2016 at 08:09 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Self- Delusion and Politics in the 21st Century

by , 04-27-2016 at 07:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was innocently clicking through the garbage of Facebook when I ran into photo that included the text “This campaign is about a future I believe in, not a future I think I can get.” And the image of a woman in Arab garb, who is is identified as Linda Sarsous, Executive Director of the Arab-American Association of New York. Clicking on the photo took me to another place in Cloud Cuckoo Land, where there is an alleged quote by Bernie Sanders
    “Let me tell you something, sisters and brothers: ...
  5. Othering, Cultural Appropriation, and "Racism"

by , 04-14-2016 at 08:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This morning someone told me that some government form he was filling out asked for “race”. I thought we had finished with that some time ago. There are no races of humans beyond the human race. There are vile people who seek throw division into human activity by falsely claiming that there are races of humans. Those people are racists.

Race is a clear and well defined characteristic of some species of plants and animals, see links below. There are other sources that equate race ...