Blog Comments

I never hear of Irving Copi. I'll have to look him up. Oh I've been meaning to Read Robinson Crusoe for the longest time. Will I ever get to it????
    I meant the programming of people Pete, as it is the essence of humanity. I'm sure we will screw something up...I know precisely what you are talking about, and will check out the book. Thanks. Cheers, B
    As with the children, memory is the programming. If you don't like that or have a feeling for it, then you might want to rea The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana.
    Programable memory...bad, just plain bad. I have to say 1) I love NPR...its either that or blues music, but mainly NPR. I'm glad to know someone else is out there. 2) I have been on a congitive compulsion for several months now. 3) I watched a show about children that explained what there mind was doing when as an infant they waggles their arms and legs. I they are connecting the cables (nerves) to the computer (brain), and figuring out or remembering what each nerve response creates. I believe that the key to the problem is probably tied up in the minds of children. A long scale research on the topic is difficult because you can't control a child, but long term research may lead to its answer. Great entry PL. Cheers, B
    I have never read the Sharpe series, but I have seen a few of the TV shows. Not knowing all of the background, I didn't especially enjoy them.

Was the action with Nareeman rape? I'm not sure. She was given to him by someone who appeared to have the right of life and death over her. If he had been a little older and more experienced, I think that he would have sent her away.
    I read the first two Flashman books years ago and and thoroughly enjoyed Royal Flash (being a fan of the Prisoner of Zenda)but was repulsed by the rape scene in Flashman so somewhat glad to know that that was as bad as he ever got. Any thoughts on Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series?
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152