Blog Comments

And I just found this article, which may explain why I still want my sleep back.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-44113414
    I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    I noticed your lack of activity and I am glad you are almost well again. This is about the funniest thing I ever read in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws
    One never knows what to expect when visiting your Blog, lol.
    First of all, I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing serious medical issues, and do hope you are well on the mend, Peter.
    Second of all, your narrative had me chuckling... things described as only YOU can.
    Take care, my friend.
    It seems to be over, except for the completion of healing of a small incision. It was only one of these. http://zarinslab.stanford.edu/public...A_pmj_2009.htm

Do you have an opinion on hospital johnnies, or whatever they use in Canada, assuming that patients wear anything.
    One never knows what to expect when visiting your Blog, lol.
    First of all, I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing serious medical issues, and do hope you are well on the mend, Peter.
    Second of all, your narrative had me chuckling... things described as only YOU can.
    Take care, my friend.
    That's a good bet, but Eritrea was made for him
    My bet is he'll continue to invest in europe and north america - for reasons that are self-evident to all who know of him.
    OMG, Peter, do NOT sic "the Donald" on the people of Eritrea ,,,
    But it's already one of the poorest countries in the world, and they have had the same president for life since 1993. The Donald might be an improvement. That's what I would hope. He might even improve their lives, and they alreaduy have companies that don't pay their employees, so he won't introduce new ideas.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnWzKxgNOs
    OMG, Peter, do NOT sic "the Donald" on the people of Eritrea ,,,
    I hope that history is not repeating
    Indeed.
    It is a fascinating subject. I'm glad you liked it, but there is so much more involved both in the history and inwhat is going one now that this seems like a title of a longer work, but it is difficult to find the information from the 1920's. I hope that history is not repeating.
    Fascinating writing, Peter.
    You make this complex issue easy to follow with your writing talent. Thank you.
    I'm glad that you found it good. I hope that some people will find it educational.
    Interesting Wiki articles, Peter.
    Good blog entry, as always.
    Sorry but that struck me as hilarious!
    It struck me as funny, which is why I posted this blog.

In all seriousness though ... I think that in a business setting, a woman should/needs to dress in an appropriate fashion, so that she'll be taken seriously. I have worked in the business realm, and it sure gets ugly out there when a female is not conservatively dressed. Sure, a female should be allowed to chose whatever she likes to wear, but that water cooler is an ugly place to be at times.

Just sayin...
    Opinions vary, but it usually seemed to me that it was more a matter of attitudes than appearance that heated things up, and I mean the attitudes of both women and men. I have known extremely attractive women who got little or no attention, and conversely I have known women who were far from attractive who received a huge amount of attention. I always thought it was a calculation of the odds of success that made the difference.
    Rep. Marcy Kaptur's suggestion that women be subject to a dress code would certainly be advisable with men like Trump, even though it would restrict the personal freedom of the women
    Sorry but that struck me as hilarious!

In all seriousness though ... I think that in a business setting, a woman should/needs to dress in an appropriate fashion, so that she'll be taken seriously. I have worked in the business realm, and it sure gets ugly out there when a female is not conservatively dressed. Sure, a female should be allowed to chose whatever she likes to wear, but that water cooler is an ugly place to be at times.

Just sayin...
    I've read that during one of Columbus' later voyages, when he was extremely frustrated that he could not find anything resembling the Far East, he briefly abandoned the round-earth model (not that it had been an invention of his, of course) to explain where he was. According to Daniel Boorstin, former curator of the Library of Congress, Columbus wrote in his journal that he now thought the earth rose from the cosmic plain like a woman's breast, with paradise located in the nipple. Apparently there is such a thing as too much time at sea.
    Updated 12-11-2017 at 09:34 AM by Pompey Bum
    OMG ... laffing too hard..
    Be careful. Those people are out there doing ordinary things most of the time, even in the prairies. Just hope you never take an airliner that is piloted by one of them.
    If you ever want some weird entertainment, then try the youtube videos about the Flat Earth. I didn't write this in the hope of educating a Flat Earther. No, the purpose of this is to point out how ignorant and difficult to teach such people are. It seems that people hang on to ideas hat were disproved a long time ago, as if they were religious beliefs.
    OMG ... laffing too hard..
    Ahh, finally ... I can comment here, PeterL!
    Well, just wanted to say how fascinating this whole topic is and how truly mind-boggling the whole concept of time-travel is... wow!
    Yea and verily it is a fascinating subject. The more the better.

And Scheherazade informed me that she thinks that matter of staying signed in can be handled by checking the box when one logs in.
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast