View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Propaganda of the Climate Change Movement

by , 06-22-2015 at 04:50 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This isn’t the first time, and it may not be the last time, but I am sick of the propaganda that is spewed out by climate change alarmists. I decided to look around for material that would turn my rant into something that would have wider appeal, and the article from bibliotecapleyades.net is one such item. The article describes how the various techniques of poor logic have been used to frighten some people into believing the anthropogenic climate change story. There are plenty of examples of red-herrings, ...
  2. What's Wrong With Logic?

by , 05-05-2015 at 09:26 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Yesterday I found an article about the inability of the climate scientists to make accurate predictions, http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/25...tipping-point/
    . Those people have been prophesizing disaster for decades, but they have been as wrong as the people who predict the end of the world. Biblical prophets with records like that would have been sent into the wilderness, or worse. But the climate scientists don't seem to be bothered by facts, but they ...

Updated 07-27-2015 at 01:52 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Fact and Conjecture

by , 03-14-2015 at 02:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Fact
    1. Something that actually exists; reality; truth:
    Your fears have no basis in fact.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact?s=t

Scientific fact
    Any observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and accepted as true; any scientific observation that has not been refuted.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scientific+fact

Conjecture
    1. The formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient ...
  4. More Conspiracies Slain

by , 01-02-2015 at 04:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There is another question here. Why don’t people use the simple tools of logic to determine the validity of conspiracy theories? Occam’s Razor (link below) is well suited for determining whether an argument is valid. Fundamentally, Occam’s Razor states that the simplest explanation probably is the most accurate one. Let’s see what happens when we apply the Razor to some conspiracy theories.

The JFK Assassination is a problem, until we apply Occam’s Razor. “Entities must not be multiplied ...
  5. Half-Truths, Plausible Lies, and Big Lies

by , 10-06-2014 at 07:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    After writing my post on Restoring the Age of Reason I started thinking more about how the principals of the Age of Reason have been put into disrepute. The general methods used have been typical propaganda techniques. And then I started thinking about propaganda even more. I don't think enough attention is paid to propaganda these days, at least not in the U.S.A., and probably not in Western Europe either. There's a lot of propaganda going around these days, and maybe we have become too accustomed ...

Updated 10-06-2014 at 08:24 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast