View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Empty Barrels

by , 06-26-2019 at 01:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Empty Barrels Make the Most Noise.

For something else that I am writing, I have been thinking about evolution of humans. It is somewhat surprising that intelligence didn’t increase in similar amounts to all people during evolution, but has been noted that there is considerable breadth in the range of "normal intelligence".

This came to mind in regard to drunks, bums, petty criminals, the mentally ill, and the underclass, those who are outside the economy ...
  2. Trump's Depression

by , 06-09-2019 at 01:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was thinking about how the U.S. economy would go from the upswing that Trump takes credit for to the Even Greater Depression that his trade war will bring on.

Trump should be separated from the claims of strong economy, and he could be thrown out of office and not have a chance of re-election, and he may have undone himself with the additional tariffs. I wasn't expecting the stock market to tank for a considerable time, as it happened during the 1920's. I'm not the only one who ...

Updated 06-09-2019 at 02:05 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Coming U.S. Debt Crisis

by , 04-15-2019 at 06:07 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Debtors love inflation. The more they owe, the more inflation they want. That is because inflated dollars cost less, so the debtors can repay the same nominal amount for a lower value. That works whether you are a real estate developer or the U.S.A. The U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank have been encouraging high inflation for a long time, so that the Treasury can pay off bonds with cheaper dollars. If inflation is running at average rate of 2.68% per annum, thirty year bonds can be paid ...

Updated 04-16-2019 at 05:05 PM by PeterL (clarity)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Delusion in the White House

by , 12-20-2018 at 08:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe it’s just the zeitgeist of this days, but I have noticed more and more people showing signs of delusional thinking. It isn’t just a few people with schizophrenic symptoms, but even the present occupant of the Oval Office shows signs of delusional thinking. It might have been a mistake to mention schizophrenia, because not of the delusional people have that problem; although it is difficult to tell without careful observation and analysis. And while belief in conspiracy theories can indicate ...

Updated 12-29-2018 at 10:54 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Trump's Next Great Adventure.

by , 01-28-2018 at 09:02 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Trump has messed things up more than enough already, so we could tell him that he succeeded in making America Great again, and it's time to move on. For his next adventure he could turn around a "**** hole country", and I would suggest that he take on Eritrea.

Eritrea is such a wonderful place that many of its residents are trying to leave. It has been governed by a dictator for decades, and the standard of living is rather low. But Eritrea is a beautiful tropical place ...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast