Blog Comments

But the thing is the opposite is there true as well. Women have that same view a lot of the time and so that is the only problem. Same view in reverse. I guess it works out in the end.
    I agree with you completely -- Live longer, I would say kinder as well as more intelligent.
    I string them along. And if from Nigeria, well, it gets a little crazy.
    I used to Occasionally string them along, but I don't have the time, and most of them are too dull to make it worthwhile. Most of the calls I get are for medic-alert or life insurance. The callers and the advertisers were born yesterday in aa relative sense, and apparently they don't realize that most people are smarter than they are.
    Lol!
    Ex-carnival queen, Mani! No way! Carnival this year is going to be celebrated on 4/21/2022, whether one likes it or not..
    No matter what Gregorius intended. So get your costume.
    In the UK the advertising for "senior citizens" revolves around: writing a will, long term care, walk in baths, and stair chair lifts.

As for the scam calls I invariably play a doddery100 years old and whatever they are trying to sell or con, inform them that I have lost my cat. As they are paying for the call I have sometimes been able to stretch them out for 30 minutes.

As for dating sites, I am currently researching for an ex-carnival queen in Rio as a carer, in sheltered housing overlooking Copacabana beach.
    Yes, there are stories about people getting scammed. I wonder if there are age statistics on the victims. People who are 65 years old weren't born yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if there are relatively more scam victims among the 20's and 30'.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...age-in-the-us/
    and
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/y...s-warning.html "with 44 percent of people ages 20 to 29 losing money to fraud, more than double the 20 percent of people ages 70 to 79." That's worse than I expected.
    Too true... so many spam calls I don't even bother with the "house" phone. I love that our "house" phone even labels the majority of calls as "Potential Spam" (lol). I used to just unplug the phone when my wife was away... it's her phone, and we still would get messages that we could peruse at our leisure. She's since asked that I don't unplug it anymore (ok). 4- calls of "Potential Spam" from 8:00 am to 10:00 am today. I've counselled my wife, who still likes to answer an occasional call, not to say the word "YES" to anyone during a conversation (even confirming her name) and NEVER call back a number that hangs up... or risk scamming and other repercussions of that type. I used to mess with the spammers but don't even give them my time any more.

"Do marketers think that people lose all intelligence when they hit 60 or 65 years of age?"... I guess they haven't learned that 65 is the new 40 (lol). Yet there are millions of dollars scammed off seniors still... I hear and read of victims in our area every now and then. Spammers know as faculties diminish so too does common sense.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    I think itt is scarier from a financial point of view. The people who are screwing up usually are clerical staff. I have found the medical people quite skilled. I was cursing one physician for making a false claim, but I don't know that he did.
    Too scary. Most doctors need better people skills to put the care back in health care. I'm luckier than most that I see 2-doctors in a social setting quite often, albeit the conversation is usually about my wife and her difficulties. Be well.
    It was interesting that when I was ready for a heart operation last week, the surgeon came in after reading the information about me and told me that he wasn;t doing the procedure; it wasn't necessary, and I had the same procedure a few months ago. I had the same opinion about the need for it from day one, but I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the claim that I had the same procedure a few months ago.
    Updated 03-28-2022 at 06:45 AM by PeterL
    All I can saY, Peter L, is that in my country the vaccine made and is still making all the difference. Things would be infinitively worse without it.
    I will watch the anniversary of on TV 9/11 interspersed with the Fall of Kabul, so pop some popcorn
    You may have missed my blog of 07-25-2020. I believe that I covered this matter. The idea that it is a simultaion is amusing, but it falls apart when regarded carefully.
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...tion&bt=66279#
    The only value that wars have is to eliminated some of the excess population.
    People like war. Except me and a few others. Unfortunately we are stuck with the human race, if there was a calmer better race -well, I would happily join them.
    Some would agree with you about the uselessness of this endless war until recently.
    5 here and I'm having on now. Cheers!
    eh, I'm gonna have a martini at 5pm.
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast