View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Who Are the Guilty?

by , 11-06-2017 at 04:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    why faked data

I noticed an article today that claimed that the Ozone Hole in the atmosphere over Antarctica was smaller. I read the article, actually skimmed it, and it quickly became clear that whoever wrote it didn’t know anything about the matter, and hadn’t bothered checking old files. I made a few comments, and then left it. But I started wondering again who or what is having articles like that one and the things about Anthropogenic Climate Change written and ...
  2. Political Correctness and the Climate

by , 05-20-2017 at 03:17 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Among a wide swath of Americans there are several topics about which disagreement is not permitted; these include: race, gender, religion, disabilities, war, trade, crime, punishment, drugs, climate change, and a variety of other issues. The committee of political purity has looked at these matters and decreed that there is one single opinion permitted for these matters, and straying from the approved opinion is strictly forbidden. For most matters it is simply a matter of people with strong opinions ...
  3. In Search of Ignorance

by , 09-16-2015 at 02:46 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This is my reply to a column in the Massachusetts Daily Collegian that I read while having lunch near the University of Massachusetts. http://dailycollegian.com/2015/09/15...ime-and-money/

Mr Pappas, I found your column "Get rid of gen-ed courses that cost time and money" interesting in several ways, and I might be able to assist you in a small way. You are completely right that Gen-Ed requirements don't lead toward your faster completion of a degree program in business, ...

Updated 09-17-2015 at 04:38 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Propaganda of the Climate Change Movement

by , 06-22-2015 at 04:50 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This isn’t the first time, and it may not be the last time, but I am sick of the propaganda that is spewed out by climate change alarmists. I decided to look around for material that would turn my rant into something that would have wider appeal, and the article from bibliotecapleyades.net is one such item. The article describes how the various techniques of poor logic have been used to frighten some people into believing the anthropogenic climate change story. There are plenty of examples of red-herrings, ...
  5. Intellectual Honesty

by , 04-07-2014 at 04:18 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have known a good number of very intelligent people, and with a few exceptions (people with Asperger’s Syndrome) those intelligent people were perfectly willing to admit error when they learned that they were wrong. Unfortunately, that seems not to be true of some other people.

A few days ago I was talking to a college student, and the matter of climate change came up. I explained the major problems with the matter as it has been presented in the press, and my student friend expressed ...

Updated 04-15-2014 at 07:41 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast