View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Trump? Who Cares?

by , 12-20-2016 at 10:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There seems to be a line of thinking in America that leads toward monarchy. Many people are fascinated by monarchs and things that are regal. The British royal family are reported in the press almost as if they were the monarchs of the U.S.A., even through we dumped that bunch two hundred forty years ago. But many people like the pageantry, regalia, and odd customs that go along with monarchy. There are even some people in the U.S. who think that the president has monarchial powers. Unfortunately, ...
  2. Let's Upgrade To Monarchy

by , 08-18-2016 at 02:32 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was reminded recently that monarchy really is the best and most efficient form of government, and, if the monarch is reasonably intelligent, then it is the most humane form of government. But the best thing about monarchy is that it eliminates silly, wasteful, and unpleasant elections, and it makes it relatively unlikely that the dregs of society will end up involved in running a country.

By dregs I mean people like Donald Trump. In my brief life we have had some amazingly incompetents ...
  3. Defense of Democratic Governmental Institutions

by , 03-22-2016 at 08:55 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I realize that this is a minority view now. The U.S.A. is preparing to elect a president, who is of Benito Mussolini’s political stance, and the sitting president has already tried ruling by edict, and this is not a just a recent trend. U.S. presidents have been ignoring the limits on their office for decades, some more and some a little less. The Bushes both played fast and loose with the U.S. Constitution; W referred to it as a piece of paper in an attempt to show his respect for it. Clinton was ...

Updated 03-22-2016 at 09:23 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12