View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Which Beliefs?

by , 03-06-2016 at 10:40 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I just made the mistake of clicking on a suggested video on YouTube; it is about strange religions. Just before that I watched one about secret societies. These were very inspiring. Most of the secret societies aren’t secret; although a few were interesting in times past, especially the Knights Templar.

The Templars have certainly created a long lasting stir. They were controversial eight hundred years ago, and they still are, but they were dissolved, and in many cases killed. The ...

Updated 03-06-2016 at 10:42 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ill Fitting

by , 09-14-2015 at 07:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    At some point is the past I wrote about how most people end up working in a field that doesn’t suit them. I won’t repeat that, but I just want to particularize it to people running for President of the U.S.A. and people who have served as President.

“It turns out that about half the presidents between George Washington and Richard M. Nixon suffered from some sort of psychiatric disorder.” (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...tric_heal.html) I hadn’t ...
  3. Hoaxes and Delusions

by , 12-04-2014 at 10:54 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently I thought about making comments about the people in this area who are infected with the Ebola virus. I was just thinking about getting a little more clear space around me. Good sense prevailed, and I didn’t mention the people with Ebola, because that might be a criminal act. I just searched for the laws under which I might be charged, and I became uncertain as to whether there is such a law. Apparently “fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary ...

Updated 12-04-2014 at 10:21 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Self- Delusion for Your Own Good

by , 10-10-2014 at 09:21 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Remain calm. All actions are futile.

We all know in our subconscious minds that there is no hope, and that everything is predetermined, so our actions and decisions are predetermined, so we might as well not do anything. Yes, life is completely pointless, except as a tool for DNA to develop more complicated organisms. We are all in the same position as the character on The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut who produced a replacement part for the Tralfamadorians by a series of acts ...

Updated 10-10-2014 at 09:28 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12