View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. More Conspiracies Slain

by , 01-02-2015 at 04:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There is another question here. Why don’t people use the simple tools of logic to determine the validity of conspiracy theories? Occam’s Razor (link below) is well suited for determining whether an argument is valid. Fundamentally, Occam’s Razor states that the simplest explanation probably is the most accurate one. Let’s see what happens when we apply the Razor to some conspiracy theories.

The JFK Assassination is a problem, until we apply Occam’s Razor. “Entities must not be multiplied ...
  2. Conspiracies Real and Imagined

by , 06-04-2014 at 03:06 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    These things came to mind again today. It appears that Americans, at least, and probably the rest of the world prefer to believe fiction rather than plain facts. Mark Twain noted that “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” And that is being demonstrated every day. I guess that lies are more entertaining; they certainly aren’t more believable. I regularly hear people talking about conspiracy theories as if they were fact, and I suppose that they actually ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12