View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Regarding Stupidity and Homelessness

by , 06-08-2016 at 01:56 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few days ago I started a thoughtful and detailed blog on the problem of homelessness in the U.S.A., its causes, and suggestions for correcting the problem. After considering the matter more carefully, I realized that I was wasting my time, because the fundamental problem is stupidity, plain and simple. I realize that this is somewhat oversimplified, but when we get down to the nitty-gritty that’s what’s there. But I will admit to over-generalizing. I am somewhat familiar with the homeless population ...
  2. Ill Fitting

by , 09-14-2015 at 07:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    At some point is the past I wrote about how most people end up working in a field that doesn’t suit them. I won’t repeat that, but I just want to particularize it to people running for President of the U.S.A. and people who have served as President.

“It turns out that about half the presidents between George Washington and Richard M. Nixon suffered from some sort of psychiatric disorder.” (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...tric_heal.html) I hadn’t ...
  3. Satire Problem

by , 04-23-2014 at 05:01 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Satire has become very difficult to write, because actual events have become so absurd, and straight-faced statements are more absurd than anything I could dream up. This came to mind because I saw in the news that Republicans are suggesting that the U.S. should send troops to Ukraine. And I consider that to be insane.

Apparently those people don’t remember that Russia has roughly as many nuclear weapons as the U.S. has. While it would be nice if Russia were to pull their commandos ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12