Blog Comments

I'm glad you liked it. But based on the numbers, people prefer my post titled "Equality for All; the Fourteenth Amendment". It's a few years old, but it has had plenty of views. After rereading that one, I can see why it has been popular.
    Based on the number of reads this Blog entry has, I would say that lots of people find your entries intriguing.
    I found your words interesting and informative.
    Your closing paragraph was awesome, by the way, Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws
    What a good read this gem was.
    I actually read through it twice.
    Great! I'm glad that someone else likes it.
    What a good read this gem was.
    I actually read through it twice.
    Great link, Peter.
    I like how you back up your facts with information -- it adds to the flavor, if you will, of your blog entries.
    Great! I find it annoying when people shoot from the hip and are wrong, especially when they claim to be scientists or other experts, and I like to differentiate myself from those that I do not like. I have done several posts on pseudo-science and fake facts; there is plenty of material for bother, and the Economist regularly runs articles decrying scientists who fake their data.
    Great link, Peter.
    I like how you back up your facts with information -- it adds to the flavor, if you will, of your blog entries.
    I liked what you had to say about medical care. As well, the racism point regarding biology disagreeing with 'there is more than one race of humans" -- I found this interesting indeed.
    I also found that item surprising, when I first learned it, but it is a matter of the definition of race*, and that is backed up by the genetics. There is more genetic distance within the traditional skin color groups than there is between one and another.

*"The biological definition of race is a geographically isolated breeding population that shares certain characteristics in higher frequencies than other populations of that species, but has not become reproductively isolated from other populations of the same species.
    http://www.biologyreference.com/Ar-B...y-of-Race.html
    Updated 09-21-2017 at 01:29 PM by PeterL
    I liked what you had to say about medical care. As well, the racism point regarding biology disagreeing with 'there is more than one race of humans" -- I found this interesting indeed.
    Ha ha... typical PeterL!
    Ha ha... typical PeterL!
    May I kindly congratulate you, Peter, on being a published author!
    That is awesome!
    I thank you, but you needn't hold me in awe. Merely ordinary respect would be adequate.
    Updated 09-18-2017 at 07:15 AM by PeterL
    May I kindly congratulate you, Peter, on being a published author!
    That is awesome!
    Ahhhh, enjoy your blog so much Peter.
    Wish more folks would post their take on these discussions, they are really good (and/or amusing, hee hee!).
    C'mon Lit Netters -- what do YOU think!
    Comments on blogs aren't all that plentiful on any site of platform. While there are a very few bloggers who get huge numbers of views and comments, most blogs get a few dozen views and no comments. A few of my posts have generated a fair number of comments, and some of my posts have had thousands of views, but thoise have been few and far between. Interestingly, the ones with the greatest number of views have had few or no comments, and the ones that got the most comments haven't gotten large numbers of views.

I would rather that people bought my books:
    https://www.amazon.com/Peter-Lewicke/e/B00OF8K6JS
    The Gods Complain: and Other Stories
    https://www.amazon.com/Gods-Complain...5502772&sr=1-2
    and
    Harry's Time Tours (Just because it didn't happen here doesn't mean that it never happened.)
    https://www.amazon.com/Harrys-Time-T.../dp/1543033628
    Updated 09-15-2017 at 04:13 PM by PeterL
    Ahhhh, enjoy your blog so much Peter.
    Wish more folks would post their take on these discussions, they are really good (and/or amusing, hee hee!).
    C'mon Lit Netters -- what do YOU think!
    Ha ha ha!
    If it is desired, then I can be Emperor of Canada also. If not for giardia, it would be part of the U.S.A. already.

Yes, quite true, 'fluff' tends to be swept under the proverbial carpet... after all, there IS money to be made... *sigh*
    But fluff will be outlawed when I become Emperor. It is false and misleading.
    That's one of the reasons why I am trying to get people to proclaim me Emperor, then there will no more foolish elections
    Ha ha ha!
    I think that Canada also exempts advertisers for some fraud laws for "fluff", also known as false advertising. There are ways to get rid of some wrinkles, but thye cost a lot. And who wouldl want to get rid of them? Placebos cost less and usually work better.
    Yes, quite true, 'fluff' tends to be swept under the proverbial carpet... after all, there IS money to be made... *sigh*
    I always receive a smile when I read your words, Peter. Being Canadian, I don't really follow the day-to-day's about your president. However, I do believe that all of Canada (and the world, for that matter), were glued to their televisions during the Presidential Debates, and the LONG road to the white house. Personally, I found that whole process amazing (as in the sense of 'unbelievable', lol) ... but anyhow...
    I didn't watch any of those debates; they would have annoyed me too much, nor do I bother with much of the day-to-day; it just isn't worth the trouble. I also found the two years of campaigning to be well over the top. They should have been able to start in June and finish before November. That's one of the reasons why I am trying to get people to proclaim me Emperor, then there will no more foolish elections.

Back to False Premises ... I think of the middle aged women (or older, for that matter), pouring countless dollars into creams and potions that are guaranteed to bring a youthful look... C'mon... once you have a wrinkle, it is THERE. Period. Oh the advertising and their claims... so sickening.

Sad that folks are not happy in their skins, and depend on all of this nonsense in order to keep up with the status quo...
    I think that Canada also exempts advertisers for some fraud laws for "fluff", also known as false advertising. There are ways to get rid of some wrinkles, but they cost a lot. And who would want to get rid of them? Placebos cost less and usually work better.
    Updated 09-15-2017 at 07:18 AM by PeterL
    For example, if it weren't for false premises Trump wouldn't have much to say. His presidency and the campaign leading to it have been based on the premise that as president Trump could act however he wished without regard for the law. Apparently, he started his presidential campaign to get some business in Russia. Trump was sure that he would lose, so he didn't even think about policy or futures cabinet officers, etc. Well, his basic assumption that he would lose was wrong, as results he has not done the Russian deal, whatever that was, he has been called upon to run the government, which he is not capable of doing.
    I always receive a smile when I read your words, Peter. Being Canadian, I don't really follow the day-to-day's about your president. However, I do believe that all of Canada (and the world, for that matter), were glued to their televisions during the Presidential Debates, and the LONG road to the white house. Personally, I found that whole process amazing (as in the sense of 'unbelievable', lol) ... but anyhow...

Back to False Premises ... I think of the middle aged women (or older, for that matter), pouring countless dollars into creams and potions that are guaranteed to bring a youthful look... C'mon... once you have a wrinkle, it is THERE. Period. Oh the advertising and their claims... so sickening.

Sad that folks are not happy in their skins, and depend on all of this nonsense in order to keep up with the status quo...
    interesting
    Well written and thought-provoking, as always, Peter!
    Thanks, I'm glad someone likes it.